Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: anchors

Box anchor & 6 feet of chain. Never had a problem with it not digging.
    2009 Moomba Mobius XLV: 340hp, bimini top, Kenwood speaker system with sub.

Clark fyi; you don't need chain with a box anchor, in fact they tell ya not to use any.
    2007 Mobius LSV

i had trouble with my danforth anchor not holding as well added 6 feet of chain and its been flawless ever since! i was about to invest in the box anchor but decided to give this a try first cause i don't anchor out too much
    08 lsv all red- dual battery system, kicker 700.5 and 450.2 amp, 10" kicker sub, wetsounds eq, polk db651 cabin speakers, exile xm7 tower speakers, ss thru hull fittings, seadek pad, evolutions cover

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=10664

Talking thanks

Thanks for all the info - I went ahead and bought the 25-30 lb. box or slide anchor.

I'll be on Lake Coer d'Alene in Idaho all next week to try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by gus 08 mobius lsv View Post
    i had trouble with my danforth anchor not holding as well added 6 feet of chain and its been flawless ever since! i was about to invest in the box anchor but decided to give this a try first cause i don't anchor out too much
    +1

My danforth would not hold very well. In reading up on anchors, I discovered that an anchor chain is extremely important in helping the anchor do its thing. So, I added a six foot chain and it's held every time, all the time.

But, I'd love a box anchor because I know they'll hold in almost ANY conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kidder View Post
    +1

My danforth would not hold very well. In reading up on anchors, I discovered that an anchor chain is extremely important in helping the anchor do its thing. So, I added a six foot chain and it's held every time, all the time.

But, I'd love a box anchor because I know they'll hold in almost ANY conditions.
    That's true for most anchors except the box anchor. It's designed to NOT use a chain.

I hava a danforth with chain and it's sitting in my garage and it will stay there, what a POS! Just my opinion mind you.
    2007 Mobius LSV

What did you search for on Craigslist and where?

Quote Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
    That's true for most anchors except the box anchor. It's designed to NOT use a chain.

I hava a danforth with chain and it's sitting in my garage and it will stay there, what a POS! Just my opinion mind you.
    Understood on a box anchor not requiring a chain. I'll get one someday. Send me your address and I'll send you my danforth once that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
    Clark fyi; you don't need chain with a box anchor, in fact they tell ya not to use any.
    Really? Didn't know that. Box anchor actually got stuck this weekend at the bottom of Lake Don Pedro. We actually had to swing the boat around to get it free. Love the box anchor. Small, collapsible and easy to store.
    2009 Moomba Mobius XLV: 340hp, bimini top, Kenwood speaker system with sub.

Quote Originally Posted by clarkro2 View Post
    Really? Didn't know that. Box anchor actually got stuck this weekend at the bottom of Lake Don Pedro. We actually had to swing the boat around to get it free. Love the box anchor. Small, collapsible and easy to store.
    That's probably because Don Pedro is extremely muddy and it's like glue. I'm at Don Pedro every other weekend through the summer to include last weekend as well and i have to be over the top of the anchor or passed over for it to release as it's designed to do.
    2007 Mobius LSV