Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Tube Recommendation

In your experience, what tube stands up to hard use and lasts several seasons? My boys are 180 lbs, 200 lbs., and 240 lbs. This season we have gone through two tubes. I patched one, but it did not last. The West Marine sale flier arrived today so got me thinking now is the time to buy replacements. We like the flat kind on which you lie down. Definitely don't like the donut type. If there are other styles, we have not tried them. Recommendations for a well-made, long-lasting tube appreciated. If you can recommend a retail source, that would be helpful, too. We live in the Chicago area. Thanks.
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

We have a Connelly Swept wing. Its a 1 person tube but my son and a friend usually rides it together (about 250 lbs total!). It is 3 years old now. I am looking at the 2 rider tube Interceptor by Connelly also. My wife found it at Boatersoutlet.com for $150.
    Last edited by newyear14; 08-02-2010 at 08:22 PM.
    _________
    09 OB V

Go to Costco in the spring and get theres. If your not satisfied for any reason for the life of it then you can return it. They had the three person tube for a good price but they also sell out fast.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

It looks like overtons still has the 4 person "team slalom" for sale for $179; I got one when our local reservoir instated the "you can tube but not wakeboard" rule- figured if they harassed me about boarding I would just bust that dude out. This is not your average tube- let's just say it's the only "tube" that takes some degree of effort/?skill whatever you call it to get up on but once you get up you can control it... sort of. i've laughed very hard each time I've tried to use it or watch somebody else use it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

Costco!!!

Our local costco is clearing them out for the season now:

Nautica 2 person tube is $49

Nautica 1 person batwing style for $29

Can't beat the prices, and when they break at the end of summer take them back, thats what we did with a banana boat we bought a few years back. Even a year later and no receipt they took it back because it developed a hole that was unable to be patched and stay patched.

I don't think any brand is better than others, it matters how rough you are with the tubes. We had 3 of these going this weekend and already one is developing a slight leak, but we have a 275lb guy, and 2 180 lb guys all playing "tube wars" so theres no laying back and relaxing when we go out.

I just returned the HO GT-3 back to Costco yesterday, it let go internally and shot my daughter off of it like a cork! Best faceplant / butt scoot i ever saw!

Don't buy that one as it won't last, a season is about the best you'll get outta it and i'm easy on tubes, three of them in three years it's been!
    2007 Mobius LSV

Obrien tubes have always served us well, year after year....since i was a younging..lol
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I'll second on the O'Brien tubes and say to stay away from the Bass Pro XPS brand.

had an obrien screamer and it seemed to be real well made. only sold it as we all got tired of the lay down kind. too hard on the arms and body.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Take a look at the HO Sports Molecule and the Aquaglide Nitro 3. Its hard to flip the Molecule, but you can still throw people off of it fairly easily and make them fall under one of the balls. The Nitro 3 is good for getting people to do supermans off of. Some good laughs for people on the boat with either tube. I haven't had any problems with either one and i've had them for 3 years.

Here are links to both. I got mine from Active Water Sports, but they are not on there website but Overton's has them.

Molecule
    http://www.overtons.com/modperl/prod...4&merchID=4006

Nitro 3
    http://www.overtons.com/modperl/prod...4&merchID=4006
    Nate