Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

O'Brien Super Screamer here. I have had that thing for close to 5 years and it is still going strong. I use it for tubing as well as wedging it between the boat and the dock during loading and unloading and it is still going strong. It is about 20 shades lighter than it used to be, but we were using it this weekend on a super windy day!!!

Got ours at the end of the summer at a local sports store for $99
    Last edited by JesseC; 08-03-2010 at 01:51 PM.
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

Quote Originally Posted by JesseC View Post
    O'Brien Super Screamer here. I have had that thing for close to 5 years and it is still going strong. I use it for tubing as well as wedging it between the boat and the dock during loading and unloading and it is still going strong. It is about 20 shades lighter than it used to be, but we were using it this weekend on a super windy day!!!

Got ours at the end of the summer at a local sports store for $99
    I have the one person screamer and it's great too.

Sportsstuff has pretty much everything possible, including steerable tubes.

http://www.sportsstuff.com/
    2005 XLV, upgraded ballast, Comptech swivel wakeboard and hydrofoil racks, Monster cargo bimini

Though only second season of use, my kids really like the Connelly Interceptor taperred deck double tube. Great control for single rider; big enough for double. They've been on many tubes of other folks, and have complained about painful grips, etc, etc. No complaints on this one.
    It also requires a fair bit of work for the tubers, hence, less work for the driver.
    Also, for durability, check the LA Ski brand. Eight reliable years on the Double Trouble until human caused puncture.
    You've got some pretty big riders; be careful on the sizing...you'll need to go on the big side.
    '07 Outback V
    Ski|Board|Surf|Skate

If you buy an inflateable that isn't steerable and has an inflated center, avoid ones that have any ribbing on the bottom. This can cause the tube to track too well and be hard to swing outside the wake.
    2005 XLV, upgraded ballast, Comptech swivel wakeboard and hydrofoil racks, Monster cargo bimini

Sportstuff has replaced a couple bladders for me at reduced prices after a couple years of use, half pipe (taco to the kids and the couch (chariot - 2 person).

I use the spring clamps with the glue and patch, let sit a week and have never had a patch fail.

Ditto OBrians last forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Brantford View Post
    If you buy an inflateable that isn't steerable and has an inflated center, avoid ones that have any ribbing on the bottom. This can cause the tube to track too well and be hard to swing outside the wake.

Go faster

We have a Connely 3 person that has held up to abuse for many years.
    05 XLV
    6 Polk Momo 6.5s/Kicker 850.4 for 4 rears,Kenwood stock amp for front 2 speakers, NVS Deviant tower speakers/Kicker 850.4, Kicker 12L7/Kicker 1000.1, Soundstream powerplant distribution (awesome unit), Wetsounds WS-420/Sirius Stiletto 2 in dock, Kenwood, KDC-MP435U/KnuKonceptz wiring, Pair of Optima Bluetops with stinger relay

I'll second Sportstuff. HAve had Big Mable (couch type) for 3 seasons and it is no worse for wear. I have smaller kids, but we have put many miles on that thing!

Love the Costco tube but as said above they don't last. I will be taking mine back as well as it has aquired a leak at one of the welded seams. Fun tube but the quality isn't there.
    Lake Bound
    2002 Moomba Outback LS
    Indmar, Carb

In my search for a new tube (not yet bought a replacement) several people told me that they never let the air out. Once the tube has been inflated, its stays that way, even during the off season. And their tubes are still going strong after several years of use. I, on the other hand, being anal about everything, deflate and store the tubes after each and every use, then inflate next time out on the water. I just may need to lighten up and leave the tubes inflated. I guess there's something to be said for being messy. Mom always told me a clean desk was a sign of a sick mind.
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles