Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I always leave mine inflated, except maybe for the off-season. Depends where I end up storing them.

Brands: I just retired my O'brien tube from the '90s! It has seen many adults pushing 6' of air! The newer one I have sucks comparatively, but it still seems to be holding up after quite a few years of abuse as well. Sucks due to smaller diameter = harder for adults to ride, and the handles are too close together...

We're looking at a Gladiator next. Seem to hold up quite well. The 3 person one is what we're looking at, that you kinda sit down in. Overtons has them. We had 10 kids on my friend's, at one time! we didn't pull it hard with that many on it, obviously, but did with just some older kids.

I've riden a Big Mable, and it seemed very well built too. Wasn't mine, so I don't know how old it was, but there were a bunch of us on it!
    Last edited by rc5695; 08-10-2010 at 12:19 PM. Reason: clarification

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Brantford View Post
    Sportsstuff has pretty much everything possible, including steerable tubes.

http://www.sportsstuff.com/
    I enjoy the sportssuff tube that we got. Purchased a Chariot Warbird 2 little over 2 years ago. It has had easily 500lbs on it plenty of times and flipped people off of it many times. Had 8 feet of air under it plenty of times. They replaced my bladder on it when we first got it. But that was because we didn't have it inflated properly. The doables are really cool. Rode a LULU recently. You really need to be skill savy to be able to ride that tube. I was only able to ride the tube about 20 minutes and kept getting thrown off.
    2006 Mobius LSV

This evening I bought two Obrien Super Screamers. This model is rated for maximum of two people w/ combined weight of not more than 340 pounds. My guys are pretty big so won't be able to share with another person on the same tube unless its a small person. The tubes are red and black which matches our Outback. They are on sale at Dick's sporting goods. Paid $75. Retail was $180. Appreciate all the suggestions, guys. Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by deerfield; 08-24-2010 at 11:02 PM.
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Those are going to be awesome... enjoy the tube wars!

We've had our Mombo tube for 5 summers now and no issues. I've pulled a friend who weighs at least 275 and no leaks or tarring, the kids also use it as a raft and take it to shore. I think I paid around 200 dollars at GI Joes when they were in business, but I think you can find it at Overtons now. Great tube!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

This is the one I have. It is very very sturdy. Only had a small seam leak in one of the seats, fixed it with super glue and no other problems.

99 Moomba Outback with lots of work