Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unfortunate accident - but is anyone surprised that the kid was hit by a jet ski - and not a boat?

Certainly not fair to generalize. Personally don't care for them, but not because of the riders.

The thing with jet skis -
    1. They never get tired. They can go as long as they have gas.
    2. Riders take turns - so everyone gets a tank of gas - means they never stop.
    3. What makes them the most fun also makes them the biggest pain. Ever seen a jet ski go round-and-round in a tight circle - just because they can? Well that screws the water for about ten minutes (after they stop), only to be re-screwed up as they travel another couple hundred yards and to it again.
    4. Jumping wakes is fun - and the closer to the boat the bigger the wake. I have had stupid boaters follow too closely as well.
    5. Their small size gives adults a sense of security in letting kids drive them. There are responsible adults out there, but I bet there are a lot more that are irresponsible - or indifferent.
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

Very unfortunate! The lake that we go can get very busy. We usually go out early to do our riding and tubing and when it gets too busy, we stop. The jet skiers have the same priveledge as boaters in the water. We must practice common courtesy and defensive boating so that we don't ruin each others day(or lives). Having said that, i dont appreciate jet skiers following too close or jumping my wake. I think its an accident waiting to happen.
    _________
    09 OB V

as always, idiot jet skiers following a boats wakes to jump them.. we have had to yell at jet skiers numerous times for this..
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV
    Stereo: Kenwood KMR-D562BT
    Ballast: 750 Surfside locker, 400 Surfside mid boat, 400 Gravity I, 400 Bow
    Surfboards: Inland Surfer Red Woody, Triple X Composite X 58"[/SIZE]

I hate 'em all. I have yet to see one that is courteous enough to let someone riding enjoy the water without doing something to screw it up.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!