Hybrid View

Default Fuse Panel Relocation

Hey guys, I am looking for ideas for relocating the fuse panel that is under the helm. I am trying to fit a L5 Kicker on top of the foot rest hump under the dash, and this little bugger is in the way.

I was able to push it up higher, but couldn't get the box in. My last ditch effort before I stopped to re-analyze what I was doing was to leave the fuse panel loose, and get the sub in the spot I wanted it. I was then able to see approxiamtely where I would need to locate the fuse panel for it to work. However, I don't think that if I put the fuse panel in this spot, that I can get the box in.

Now, since that really doesn't make any sense because I suck at describing things, I'm looking for ideas from you guys on if you've successfully relocated this thing (if any of you have). My only idea right now is to make some custom brackets to hold it at an angle to keep it completely out of the way of the opening above the footrest. However, I'm not sure how to make them.

If any of you guys have ideas, please let me know!!
    2015 Supra SC400
    08 LSV - Sold
    Go big, or go home.

If it's the one I'm thinking of I moved mine up and too the port side a few inches to get more clearance.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Did the steering column get in the way too?

I am in the same "boat" as you and have yet to tackle my sub install in the same location...
    2007 Mobius LSV

My distribution block AND my steering column BOTH got in the way. I "sqeezed" a 12in sub and enclosure above my footrest and had to take my column apart to get the box in and I also screwed the block up under the dash and out of the way completely.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

I just cut the footrest out and made the new sub box the footrest. was a lot of work and cutting, but worked great.
    had plenty of room for the jl 12" sub that I used and it took a big box..
    I do have to say that when it comes time to replace the steering cable, that may be some additional work, and kind of ruined access to the backside of the heater, but I don't use the heater, so no big deal.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Oh - and finished product (without the grill that's on NOW).
    Attached Images Attached Images

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet