Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Moomba LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    question about that pylon above the bimini...

wouldn't a tight rope rub the back of the bimini to shreds?
    A surf rope definetly would...

- Those seats look like they have more padding then my 2007 (I would like more padding)
    - I agree, a rope on the tower will probably rub on the bimini
    - I agree, the bimini does not provide enough shade for driver
    - I like those new graphics
    - I like the tower but it looks like it'll be in the way when I climb in (it needs to be more forward or something)
    - Windows look a little different from my 2007 - I like the new windows
    - I don't like the mirror on the window so I guess I'd never buy that style of tower although, it looks cool
    Last edited by ausbill32; 08-02-2010 at 06:22 PM.
    2007 Moomba LSV

I didn't see a boat either... interesting.

I dig the boat, and the graphics. I like these graphics a lot better than the ones that have flames on them. The chrome Moomba always looks sharp, and I agree, that tower is growing on me. I'd still opt for the old school one that we all have, but that's just me.

As long as your ~8 feet off of the water at all times, I don't think you'd have a problem with the rope rubbing that rear bimini!
    2015 Supra SC400
    08 LSV - Sold
    Go big, or go home.

I like the boat, the graphics and the tower. The black and blue combination looks realy sharp. The bimini could be bigger.
    As for the mirror, I'm fairly certain that Samson makes a mirror for the original Malibu illusion tower that may work for this.
    _________
    09 OB V

don't like the window mounted mirror... lame...
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV
    Stereo: Kenwood KMR-D562BT
    Ballast: 750 Surfside locker, 400 Surfside mid boat, 400 Gravity I, 400 Bow
    Surfboards: Inland Surfer Red Woody, Triple X Composite X 58"[/SIZE]

I like the blue/black color combo with the graphics. Looks way better that the red one that Ed posted earlier.

I installed the monster cargo bimini on my boat a few weeks ago and love it. I can't imagine not having a cargo bimini now. It doesn't look like a cargo bimini would work on these....anyone know?
    '05 Supra 21V Launch

Quote Originally Posted by flatH20 View Post
    the rope doesn't hit the bimini whether you're surfing or boarding
    If it's not set correctly, it can rub on this bimini. My neighbor's 247 has this tower & bimini and I have seen where the bimini is worn down to the frame. He is planning to patch it this offseason.
    Last edited by wolfeman131; 08-03-2010 at 09:59 PM.

Does anyone find it weird that Moomba is using the EXACT same tower as the older Malibus? I like the tower, and I always thought that they looked good and if money was no Object, I'd probably have a bu, but it now looks like these new Moombas are just a copy of older malibu's. Who wants to spend $50k on an imitation Malibu? perhaps thats harsh, but it sure looks like it. Maybe it's just me, I don't know, it just seems like they could have done something more original.
    Levi
    Former owner of a 08 Mobuis XLV, Cat340, 2650 Lbs.
    I miss that boat!

All boat manufacturers copy each other. The trick is to keep trying to improve a good idea. This tower is better than the older one. Who the heck gets in their boat from the side anyway? We all climb in from the bow or the platform. I suppose if you park at a dock all the time or on a lift that might not be the case though.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

It's not the exact same tower. According to XTP is's new and improved, just looks the same. Whatever.

Metcraft made the tower for Malibu, Malibu went with a new design and released their interest in the design, Metcraft sold it to XTP, XTP improved on it. Or something of this nature as i understand it.

I don't find it weird at all they're using it, it's a very good design, no rattles and very easy to fold. Think about, all mfgrs copied each other in some form with regular towers so what's the diff? Who cares? Why would anyone care?
    2007 Mobius LSV