Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

man you guys are rebels- I guess I'm too "stuffy" to do something like that. Ironically it was my neighbor's desire to make sure the boat would run that resulted in it not running when we got to the water. But then again unlike KB his boat hadn't been run in a long time and who knows when the last impeller change was.
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    I start my boat every time I bring it up to the house.

Run it for just about 10 seconds, just so I know it will start when I get to the ramp.

In the 8 years I've been doing this never an issure with the impellor.

But, I do replace the impellor every year as part of it's yearly PMS.
    Ed,

Why do you do this? With modern fuel injected engines, the boat should start the first time every time. I used to "bump the engine" with the key on my old boat before we went out because I would sometimes go weeks without using it and didn't put a charger on the battery so I just wanted to make sure the battery had plenty of juice to turn the motor over, but I would never actually start it.

In the 3-1/2 years that I have had my current boat, it has never failed to start at the ramp on the first try and now that I have an onboard charger, I always know the batteries are fully charged.

I am suprised that you have not had any impeller issues since you run it dry for ten seconds every time before you go out.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV