Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Is there a Boatmate recall currently?

I thought I remembered reading that there was a recall on Boatmate trailers recently. I searched but couldn't find anything. Is there one?

I'm not aware of a recall but Boat Mate does have some defective axles that went out on trailers over the past 4 or 5 years. I had one fail, contacted BoatMate and they were aware of the issue. They replaced the axle at no charge.

Personally I think it is a dangerous situation on a single axle trailer. The axle will break and the weight of the boat will fall on the fender well. It happened to me....

I have a single axle Boatmate trailer that came with my 08 LS. Should I pull the serial # and send to Boatmate to verify it is okay?

I would, why take a chance
    06 XLV

Didn't mean to scare , I was just googling around about boatmate and stumped on to that.
    06 XLV

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    Why do I want to check that out? It's a thread from 2003.

The sky ain't falling in.

Send in you trailer VIN's to boatmate if it helps you feel better , but lets not spread panic.

Didn't we just go thru this same stuff 10 days ago?
    Agreed. I definitely don't want to throw Boatmate under the bus. I did a search but couldn't find anything. I won't worry about it. Although, I wish I had a tandem trailer in case I have a flat.

PLEASE Kidder don't start throwing people under the bus, I spent two days there, not very pleasant.
    06 XLV

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    If you look over your trailer as part of your "pre-flight inspection", there should be no surprises down the road.
    I have single axle too; I have a tight driveway and like to back the boat in the garage and sometimes have to rotate it a little by hand- so for that I like the single axle. But I also to a lot of trailering .

What am I looking for on the "pre-flight insepction" I always make sure the tires are inflated properly and give it a look over, but I'm not sure I know how to evaluate welds for integrity. Is there anything in particular that I'm looking for besides obvious cracks and loose bolts?
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

If you sent boatmate your VIN they are going to tell you "yes" or "no" as weather it could be affected or not but they ARE NOT going to send you a new axle unless it fails. They are only fixing ones that break, this because they are so far and few between.
    08 Outback
    82 American Skier