Default Anyone surfed a Malibu 247?

My neighbor at the lake has a Malibu 247 and is trying to get it set up after his grandkids (ages 22 & 25) surfed for hours behind my boat. His boat is loaded with all the options and has the hard tanks & wedge, but we can't get a wave worth crap behind that boat. He thinks the tanks are 400 lbs? We're going to try and put my 750 lb bag in the locker later today, but any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Last edited by wolfeman131; 07-31-2010 at 12:26 PM.

There's a guy on Wakeworld that surfs a 247 that has one of the sickest waves I've ever seen but he said it is waaaaaay loaded down. Here's what he has, needless to say, your neighbor is got some work to do:

Factory Front Center and Left Full
    Power Wedged Deployed

Custom 247 Surf Sac = 1600 +or- Auto drains and fills no pumps over the side = hellzyeah
    400 Lb Tube sac under observers seat = Auto drains and fills no pumps over the side = hellzyeah

May add a 750 depending on crew size. me and the wife only = 750. four or more no go.
    May add a 400 Lb sac to the platform as well for shiz and gigs

Or you could just borrow my buddies mother in law, that should do it......It works for me.
    2009 Moomba XLV

Quote Originally Posted by Lawdog View Post
    Or you could just borrow my buddies mother in law, that should do it......It works for me.
    lmao.

larger boats just need more weight and have to load the rear in both sides, while overloading the surf side.

my buddies x45 has hard and soft tanks and we load all the hard tanks, fill the soft bow sacs and then the surf side soft. all auto fille and drain, very slick system just the jabsco impeller issues.....
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I got enough to deal with in my Mother In Law!

I searched wakeworld & it is unbelieveable how much weight people are throwing in this model boat to get it to produce a decent surf wave. Extra bags, lead, mother in laws, etc. Way too much work! Especially after just reading Ed's post about surfing his OBV today.

So, guess we can use his big, expensive boat to tube and my little ole' OBV to have some real fun!

That's about right. I took some buddies out over the weekend and they were amazed at how quickly the boat can transform from wakeboarding to surfing and back.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!