Default 4 WS Pro80/MB80 on XLV or LSV

Anybody have this set up on their 06 & newer LSV/XLV? Im weighing my options as far as a few new tower setups and was wondering how 4 of these were in terms of hang height. I went to their web site and checked their hang height which seems about 2 inchese lower than my 4 Krypts so they may be a little too low as I can just barely stand under my four now by about an inch. Just wondering from those of you that have them if they are completely in the way.

I've never owned WS speakers but we all know they are great. However, I think if clearance is going to be an issue, you might want to look at Exile or Bullet. I have Bullet 770s on my XLV tower, I'm 6ft tall and still have a couple/few inches to spare. I think the Exiles are even a little shorter than the Bullets and we all know everyone is raving about the Exile speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by you da man View Post
    I've never owned WS speakers but we all know they are great. However, I think if clearance is going to be an issue, you might want to look at Exile or Bullet. I have Bullet 770s on my XLV tower, I'm 6ft tall and still have a couple/few inches to spare. I think the Exiles are even a little shorter than the Bullets and we all know everyone is raving about the Exile speakers.
    I already have the bullet knockoffs, which are krypts, in their cans and I have an inch of clearance & Im 5"7". I know the exiles will be higher than mine by about an inch. That is actually one of the packages I am considering, however I was just looking for peoples experience with the 4 WS Pro80 package.
    Last edited by mk_deuce; 07-30-2010 at 06:04 PM. Reason: na

Actually the HollowPoint 770 at only 8 3/4-inch maximum hang height is more compact than the Exile or Wetsounds ProAudio HLCD offerings. The Wetsounds Pro485 has considerably less hang height than the Pro80s and is their best offering in my opinion. The Krypts have an extra drop that is totally unnesessary but is due to the extended bracket between the pod and collar (a carry over from those old Boss pods). Check the dimensions of the Pro485 as long as you're considering four 8-inch drivers on your tower. By the time you upgrade the MB8 collars to match the Pro 80s you might find the Pro485s are a bit less.

David
    Earmark Marine