Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default My first horrible moomba dealer experience

Hi gang,first off as most of you know i bought a 2006 xlv project boat from las vegas, very smooth transaction then had it delivered by a company out of kentucky (don't remember the name) another great bunch of people. I then started my search for an engine...found one in california by an awesome guy called John Crabb from performance fiberglass, who by the way specializes in gel coats, not too far in Corona California I found a bimini top and swim platform That stuff is also on the way. My search for an OEM tower then began about a week and a half ago, I called every dealer in Canada first no luck there BTW from the time I order it from a canadian dealer, to the time i get it the cost would be $5700.00 versus $3300.00 with an american company.So i began calling u.s dealers I almost had one in vegas but the manager there didn't know it had already been sold by another salesman another nice fellow by the name of Chris Leaver from Boulder Boats. Now here comes Texas, Bare in mind that i truly love Americans always have (not very fond of Romo) LOL (I'm A die hard New England fan) anyhow I called South Austin Marine this morning, sweet receptionist answered and I kindly asked to be directed to the parts dept. A guy named David answered and immediately told me he did not have time to speak with me and for me to call back in one hour NP i called back in two hours another fellow answers still no time for me, took my phone number and said someone would call me back in one hour...never got a call so I called back, this time on hold for a ghost the fourth time same as third. Finally the fifth time I call back This David guy picks up, I explain that i'm looking for a tower for my boat and these were his exact words "did you buy the boat from us? (I answered no) then go buy your tower somewhere else and hung up the phone without even saying goodbye, what an arrogant SOB #@*!.
    I'm not sure if that's the way it's done in TEXAS cause i'm surely not used to that.
    06 XLV

I would call back and talk to the manager. And, I'd let Skier's Choice know about this behavior. That's definitely not how my dealer treats me. Try calling Waterski Boats Dallas. http://www.waterskiboatsdallas.com/

dose'nt skiers choice read these forums ???
    06 XLV

Try skyler at silverlake marine in western ny, probably does not have the inventory but will help you out. Tell him Joe V. sent ya.

www.silverlakemarine.com
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

oh i agree esp in this economy to treat someone like that is crazy. that dumbass will be crying the blues when he is let go or company goes under!

people move to different states and sometimes you find a deal somewhere else you just can't turn down why should you be punished for that! treat someone right and they will remember that and keep spending money at your place.
    08 lsv all red- dual battery system, kicker 700.5 and 450.2 amp, 10" kicker sub, wetsounds eq, polk db651 cabin speakers, exile xm7 tower speakers, ss thru hull fittings, seadek pad, evolutions cover

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=10664

Thanks Joe ! I called skyler real nice guy but a little too expensive.
    06 XLV

Did you try checking with Cody at XTP? Just send a PM to "iwakeboard". I'm sure he can help or point you in the right direction.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

davinci-
    My name is Hunter and I work at South Austin Marine, your issue with our parts department was the subject of a meeting this morning and David apologizes for the way he ended the last conversation. He had been very busy that day with us missing a guy in parts and several customers waiting on at the counter to be helped. He understands that a different approach should have been taken. Usually when there are several parts needed and we are going to have to do some research the best approach would be to email us with your serial number of the boat and necessary parts. This way we can address them when we don't have a line of customers at the counter. We run one of the largest parts houses in the Central Texas area and have a great deal of customers every day. So if you would still like us to assist you please feel free to send that info to [email protected], otherwise we understand if you took your business elsewhere.

Hunter, thanks for taking the time to respond and address the concerns of one of our fellow board members on here. Please spread the word to the dealer employees that we all try to treat each other with class and understanding. Even if it is against their nature it still makes good business sense to do the same.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Hey supraboard....is that some kind of damage control, there is absolutely no excuse for what he did. Also I am very much hoping that many people get wind of this so that your so called biggest Texas parts dept. won't be so big anymore. Maybe then you guys will start treating people like people.
    Last edited by davinci; 07-30-2010 at 10:20 AM.
    06 XLV