Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

love the boomerang-especially the way it turns on a dime- but back to the topic

If the 2004 LSV is the same hull as the 2008 ouback V then how about if I take some pics at various speeds next time I'm out for a ski- which hopefully won't be too long if this dang ankle sprain will ever heal! I've skied behind other V drives and mine is significantly better than those, but still will never be a DD.
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

Looks like everyone forgot about what is really the best crossover boat. Look for a LS and you will be more than happy! You get the room of the LSV with the wake of a DD as it is the same hull but with direct drive. And most importantly, when we test drove an Outback V we were almost in panic when the saleman turned the wheel real hard with the kids sitting in the front of the boat as there is not much there to keep them in place. The LS/LSV family of boats has a much deeper and roomer bow section! It was one of the biggest reasons we decided to go with the LS.

Thanks all for the feedback. The v-drive room and comfort for the family and friends is also a consideration. Heck i would love to just go with the OB and ski all day, but that's not going to happen.

Thanks again for the feedback and any and all pics and experience is appreciated.

Looking forward to becoming part of the Moomba family, just not sure if it will be this boat or another one. Thanks!

You might be surprised at how fast you and the family get interested in the other sports once you have the capability. Within 2 years of being a mostly skiing family with an outboard we went through the Outback LS and on to the LSV. Now we ski only 10% and wakeboard 50% and surf 40%.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zegm View Post
    Looks like everyone forgot about what is really the best crossover boat. Look for a LS and you will be more than happy! You get the room of the LSV with the wake of a DD as it is the same hull but with direct drive. And most importantly, when we test drove an Outback V we were almost in panic when the saleman turned the wheel real hard with the kids sitting in the front of the boat as there is not much there to keep them in place. The LS/LSV family of boats has a much deeper and roomer bow section! It was one of the biggest reasons we decided to go with the LS.
    Dang you guys without wives that say "yeah but that boat has a engine in the middle of it" LOL! Maybe I can convince her that we need to trade for an LS RIGHT NOW since it's being discontinued!

KB you're right about picking up new sports, but I'll never be able to replace the speed and accleration of the lost art of slalom
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

I guess I am lucky as it is the wife who loves to go down the slalom course. We do Wakeboard, Ski, Kneeboard and Surf behind our LS and do it each and everytime we go out. As far as storage room goes all of those specific toys are in the boat now and you won't see any of them. 1 pair skis, 3 slalom skis, 2 wakeboards, 2 kneeboards and one surfboard!!!!
    Get the Z5 Bimini top as that is a great option.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by skiyaker View Post
    I'll never be able to replace the speed and accleration ... of slalom
    Amen. Amen.
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

mnpracing has it right, I have the same type of hull you are looking at, mine is an '05 LSV. I run the course with it every weekend at 32-34mph no problems, then load it down for surfing in the afternoon. Wakeboarding, I still haven't quite figured out how to get a money wake on this boat, it seems a lot more finicky than other boats I've ridden behind when it comes to wakeboard wakes.

The wakeplate is a must if you are going to slalom with the LSV though, and preferably no more than 3 people in the boat or the wake will grow quickly. If you have 3 ppl put one person in the bow and you're laughing.

This is the first person I've seen on here running a slalom course with the LSV/OBV. Most skiers out there are not running the course.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    This is the first person I've seen on here running a slalom course with the LSV/OBV. Most skiers out there are not running the course.
    Yup, not quite as sweet as the wake behind the outback DD at my lake, but I'm happy with the compromise.

FWIW, my old man is 62 and he skis the course with our boat, albeit a bit slower speed and longer rope...