Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default LSV Slalom Wake?

Can anyone give me some feedback on skiing behind an LSV? I know the Outback V is the best crossover choice, but am looking at a used LSV and am curious. I need something that the kids can wakeboard, and me and my wife can ski. No bouy runs, just open water stuff.

Currently skiing behind a I/O, so i know any inboard (V or DD) would be better

Thanks for the feedback!

What year?

Cool

It can be done but will be very similar to skiing behind a typical I/O. The Outback V would be a better option as would going to a DD Outback for the sake of skiing.
    A wake plate would help ,this situation as well to help clean up the wake ,but Vdrives typically '' make wakes''.
    If skiing is your main priority this is not the best option,but is still doable. Another option if you are looking at used boats is the LS DD. Which is/was the Moomba crossover boat from days past.
    07 Outback DD

Thanks for the feedback Mikey. To clarify, what I am currently looking at is a 2004 and has the wake plate. Skiing is my #1 priority, but many other activities to think about too. While I agree that the OBV is the best option, just curious what others thought of the LSV.

Thanks!

I went from a dd malibu sunsetter to an lsv 05, what a difference in wake. As I mostly wakeboard and surf I love the vdrive, but just last weekend I took out the ski and wow was the wake terrible to ski behind. I would not recommend this boat for skiing. It felt like I was hitting a 7 inch cement curb.

I think this partly depends on the type of skiing you like to do. Until last year my entire family skied behind my dads' bass tracker party deck 21. We loved it. You would get outside the wake, make a big pull, crank a turn and see how much spray you could make then gingerly cross the wakes and do the same thing on the other side. It was great exercise and it was all we knew. There's no shame in that.

Well last year when we looked for boats I almost bought a Tahoe I/O but went with the moomba for a multitude of reasons and next thing you know I figure out I can maintain somewhat of an edge through the wake- then a guy invites me to join the ski and now I'm running it down the slalom course. But uh oh I meet up with a guy that lets me ski behind a boomerang and then a malibu DD. and now I'm thinking it would be nice to have a dedicated slalom boat. It's a slippery slope.

Anyways, I'll bet the LSV with a wake plate will still do better than an I/O and if it suits the way you like to ski don't let any wake snob make you feel bad about it. Just for fun here's a pic of the wake behind the party deck 21 I used to ski behind!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by skiyaker; 07-28-2010 at 09:26 PM.
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

I would say that an Outback DD with tower and ballast is still a pretty good wakeboard boat. I know for my weak wakeboarding skills, the wake is plenty big enough.

Since I am fully addicted to slalom course skiing, the DD Outback is just perfect.
    2007 Moomba Outback
    99.999% Slalom, 0.001% Wakeboarding

Quote Originally Posted by Laz View Post
    I would say that an Outback DD with tower and ballast is still a pretty good wakeboard boat. I know for my weak wakeboarding skills, the wake is plenty big enough.

Since I am fully addicted to slalom course skiing, the DD Outback is just perfect.
    I'm 100% with Laz. Got the same boat (DD Outback) with same tower/ballast. I am die hard slalom and love it. My boys are intermmediate wakeboarders and doing just fine behind our Outback. I've seen video of guys doing W2W behind this boat.
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

tarheel - the 04 and 05 LSV is the same hull as the 06 to 08 OBV's. check out www.moomba.com/archive to compare the models to make sure you don't end up with some that you thought was something else.
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

here is a 32mph boomerang wake from this weekend i have also become a slalom addict lately love it plus put four ppl in the back at about 20mph its a fun begginers wakeboard boat. I actually have a bud that goes w2w behind it.
    Attached Images Attached Images