Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

as for me I wouldn't say that I'm running the course in my OBV... but I'm trying real hard haha! offaxis how short have you skied behind it- when I flatten the wake for 15 off there appears to be a huge rooster tail just in front of me so that's why I told my wife if I ever get better I might need a second boat. the only problem we've had on the course is that it's challenging to drive when there's a crosswind (Hi, my name is Bob, I'm new to the ski club and by the way I just ran over a guide buoy)
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

We have 2006 Mobius LS with wake plate and tower. I ski every weekend and my son and wife wakeboard. Great for both, skiing behind is great at about 28 - 30 mph very little wake. I either drop the wake plate or fill the balist and they love to wakeboard behind. I think it is a great corssover boat.

Quote Originally Posted by wilkieref View Post
    We have 2006 Mobius LS with wake plate and tower. I ski every weekend and my son and wife wakeboard. Great for both, skiing behind is great at about 28 - 30 mph very little wake. I either drop the wake plate or fill the balist and they love to wakeboard behind. I think it is a great corssover boat.
    This is a different hull than he is looking at.

Skiyaker, I honestly have no idea how short my rope is, I'm gonna have to measure it when I go up for holidays next week... Only got into doing the course b/c some of the old vets set it up every summer... Those old dudes can ski, holy s***!

hate to even post these but it's raining and I'm bored so here goes. These are some frame captures from a free ski day on my OBV we had. Keep in mind it was a "heavy day" 4 adults, 3 kids, wakeboards, surfboard, 2 full coolers, full tank of gas, boards, ski trainer, tube, you get the idea. We were going about 28 mph- so this would be your worst case scenario ski wake behind this boat. Oh... looks like I need to correct my vision and body position in pic#2- but wait when I did that I didn't see that roller coming and took a tumble haha! When I get back on it I'll post some "light day" pictures at faster speeds.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by skiyaker; 07-31-2010 at 12:47 PM.
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!

I guess because we heard SC was going to kill the LS that might explain why we were on the MasterCraft website lastnight looking at the X-14. We built an awesome boat and it even came with a boat lube dispenser!. Wow that X-14 DD drive is sweet looking and you can get a Z-5 Bimini too!
    We began with MasterCraft and if SC is planning to just do the pleasure boat route we might have to go back to MasterCraft one day! Used of course and luckily we have a friend with all the connections!

Thanks everyone for the good info,

Skiyaker, thanks for the pics. good looking wake at 28mph. My wife and I typically free-ski at 34-35 mph.

yeah I backed it off cause I'm on a new ski- when this sprained ankle heals I'll speed it up to get some pics at higher speeds if you still need 'em.
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!

We have an 07 model, and it works great for both skiing and wakeboarding. We fill the balist up when we're wakeboarding, and we also adjust the wake plate. But it works great for both sports, you just have to play around with the wake plate and the balist to find the best wake for you
    07 LSV

Not to derail, but how does the LSV or even the LS compare to the mid 2000's Supra 22SSV for both? We are looking pretty seriously at the 3 to replace a true ski TS6 that we wakeboard behind more than ski anymore. We are probably 50% wakeboard, 25 kneeboard and 25 ski, but want to be able to surf and toward the future, probably tube with the kids also. I know there is not a great crossover that does all exactly the same, but we seem to be leaning toward the Mobius series, and this thread has made that decision actually more difficult with the addition of the LS back to the does both well category! Thanks

We ski, we wakeboard and we surf behind a Stock LS Mobius. You could also add ballast to the rear storage area if you wanted a bigger wake for surfing. But the point is that my 10 year old and my 13 year old do ski behind it without having a huge wake to cross at speed without worrying about it. My wife also goes down the slalom course behind it, of course the stock ballast is empty and the wakeplate (we call it our ski plate) is down all the way. As far as room it will hold as many people as an LSV as the rear bench is long enough for me to lay down on and I am 6'2" tall. And you wouldn't be going down a slalom course with that many people in the boat. You could always attach the ski rope to the tower when the boat is full and someone want to pleasure ski.
    If you plan on skiing some then it becomes a choice between the wake and the surround style seating. One of the problems that I see on this board is that people assume there is less room in an LS. There is not, the real problem is that dealers don't usually stock the LS so everyone makes that assumption without ever seeing an LS. When we first sat in an LS at the Atlanta boat show we were shocked at how much room is in it. Remember the space in the rear where the engine is in an LSV is now open, you don't have that far to go to get into the boat because the cockpit is longer than an LSV. The engine in a LS is sitting in the middle of the boat and in the case of an LSV there are no seats there anyhow. OK my son does like to sit on the engine cover when we are just boating around.