Thread: Oregon lakes

Default Oregon lakes

I know Jester is in Eugene, and also for any others - wondering what the favorite lakes are in Oregon? I live in Vancouver, Wa, and we typically go to Lake Merwyn or Yale Lake near Mt. St. Helens. Not real smooth, and a little windy sometimes, but not bad.

Detroit Lake any good? Billy Chinook? I heard there is a good one near Cottage Grove, too.

Also spending a week on Lake Coer d'Alene in Idaho for a week in August, so excited to check that out.

Kaddy -

Lots of good places to go out in Oregon. Alot of the pdx guys go out on the willamette river and are out behind Ross island. Mandley and Cab both go out on Henry Hagg lake, and Nate (the Sack) goes out on the river out of Newberg (except he just broke his boat)--ouch!

I saw your posts about wake and surf. Cab and Mandly would be good to meet up with as they spend a lot of time tweaking out their Moomba's just for that purpose. Good peoples too!

I'm more the audio guy around here. If you have any questions on figuring out whatever setup you have, shoot me a question and I can help you.

Cheers!

-Brian
    Exile Audio

ps: i've talked to 3 guys from vancouver with boat breakins in the last week. Lock up your stuff and keep an eye out on it. really!

I understand you need an aquatic sticker for Oregon much like Idaho is that true.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Yeah breaking the boat very OUCH!!! broken boat

We typically ride out at Rogers Landing in Newberg, you can usually find good rideable water through out the day, but weekends in the middle of the day to tend to get a little choppy. Spend 2 weekends ago down at Lake Billy Chinook, staying at Perry South Campground. A long drive to the campground once you get to LBC, but definitly a good place to stay and is safe for your boat. The lake itself is rideable from dawn till about 10-11, then again from about 7 till dusk.
    Nate

Kaddy, where in Vancouver are you? We are in the Salmon creek area.

We usually avoid the lakes because the kids like the beaches.
    Billy Chinook is a great lake but there is no camping on the lake. Houseboats are the way to go there.
    Detroit is nice but it gets rough by 10am
    Cottage Grove is a great place with a campground or two, but the last time I was there the weeds in the water were terrible.
    I hear a lot of guys talk of Green Peter Res.
    Maybe more OR guys will chime in today.

As far as Wa goes there are a lot of good local spots as well as as some good places out east. Crow Butte east of Mary Hill on the Columbia is hit or miss with the wind but when there is no wind its awesome. Snake River near tri-cities is a great place. Crescent Bar up near Ellensberg is a nice place too.
    Locally we go to washougel/Camas, Portco, Ridgefield,Willamette Park (Portland).

Where do you typically go?

PWI as usual...