Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Teak Platform

I also had teak on my last boat, mastercraft. After black footprints,the trashing of the fiberlass from wakeboards, i have a reborn appreciation for teak.

I made a teak platform several years back for a Supra I had.It help me sell the boat.The supplier I bought the raw teak from does not even stock it anymore because of the cost.That is the real downfall of making your own.It is very expensive wood.
    John

The finish I will use will not be a coating on the wood, it will be a wax/oil in the wood.
    07 LSV

there are several good points in this thread, and I think each one has it's merits. all boils down to personal choice, but for debate:

-does the lip on the bottom of the 'glass platform contribute to the bracket issue that seems most of us have that a teak deck would eliminate?

-ragboy on ww has experimented with a new shape for the platform that seemed to help his surf wake. would building a teak deck and shaping it differently for a surf wake realy help? have noticed that my 'glass deck drags in the water. have toyed around with the idea a couple of times to remove it for a minute and see what the wake would look like to see if there would really be any difference in reshaping it...
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    there are several good points in this thread, and I think each one has it's merits. all boils down to personal choice, but for debate:

-does the lip on the bottom of the 'glass platform contribute to the bracket issue that seems most of us have that a teak deck would eliminate?

-ragboy on ww has experimented with a new shape for the platform that seemed to help his surf wake. would building a teak deck and shaping it differently for a surf wake realy help? have noticed that my 'glass deck drags in the water. have toyed around with the idea a couple of times to remove it for a minute and see what the wake would look like to see if there would really be any difference in reshaping it...
    We should be able to answer the first question here on the boards...

Question: Has anyone with Teak decks experienced the loose brackets issues?

Hi, I am also interested. If you pursue anything, post your details. Thanks,
    Paully

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=12290