This weekend I was on the lake and getting ready to pull up a boarder when I put the boat in gear at heard a loud clunk,pop, and bang. The throttle was in gear and I was at approx. 2000 rpm but not going anywhere. My first thought was OH S**T, I just lost my V-Drive. I began investigating the problem (in the middle of the lake), when my eye caught a sparkle from beneath the v-drive. I began to feel around under the drive and found 4 bolts laying in the bilge, one had been sheard. I also found 4 teflon locking nuts. I noticed that there was a major gap between the drive line and the drive and the bolts that connected them were in my hands.

I was able to get three of the four bolts and nuts back in and they got me back to the ramp.

What concerns me is I have never heard of teflon locking nuts coming off, much less four of them. I recently had a 100hr. pm performed on the boat. Is this something that the mechanics should have caught?

Just a friendly reminder.....check the nuts and bolts that attach the drive line to your drive at the flange. and always, always take some tools....saved me from being towed and stranded.