Hybrid View

Default DB651 going into protect mode?

For those of you who have upgraded your stock Kenwoods to the DB651 speakers and all else being equal, have you been able to turn the radio up a little louder before it starts clipping? I was just thinking these new speakers would have lower resistance or impedance, or whatever the word is, and allow it so that the head unit isnt working so hard and maybe get a little more volume out of these. I will be installing an amp, but there will be a few weekends where Ill be on the stock head unit still. Thanks in advance.
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by lewisb13 View Post
    For those of you who have upgraded your stock Kenwoods to the DB651 speakers and all else being equal, have you been able to turn the radio up a little louder before it starts clipping? I was just thinking these new speakers would have lower resistance or impedance, or whatever the word is, and allow it so that the head unit isnt working so hard and maybe get a little more volume out of these. I will be installing an amp, but there will be a few weekends where Ill be on the stock head unit still. Thanks in advance.
    they will play louder, cleaner and better
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold