Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Windshield Spread

We have a 99 Mobius with walkthrough bow. Also have a Rad-a-Cage.
    We noticed that after 30 hours the center pane of the windshield
    was almost falling through the opening. It appeared as though the
    opening was getting wider. Since we were not original owner the
    warranty was no good so we got no help from Moomba.
    We had the original dealer reset the windshield (at significant cost to us).
    After another 70 hours the problem has returned. I am wondering
    if this happens to all open bows? It certainly gives me the impression
    that the hull is changing shape.

Any experience or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Dave
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

I have a 2001 Outback that had the same prob when I originally got it from the dealer. They had to remove the windshield and re-install a new one. They said this was because they had to remove all the mounting hardware, fill the holes in the fiberglass and redrill new holes to get the proper alignment. Since I got mine at the beginning of the season I waited till I got it winterized to have this done (the boat would have been at the fiberglass shop for at least a week). So I havent had any more exprerience with mine yet but it did get worse through the summer.

Default Windshield Spread

Do you have a wakeboard tower? I keep thinking the stress from the tower is deforming the hull. My dealer keeps asking me to see if it changes when the boat is in the water (vs. on the trailer), i.e. , maybe the hull is flexing?
    Our dealer also had to remove windshield, fill holes, and remount, but did not need new windshield.

Thanks for the feedback
    Dave

Unfortunately I dont have a tower. I couldn't tell any difference in mine in or out of the water. After trailering to or form the lake it would get really jammed up and you would have to tug the two apart to be able to swing it open. Thru-out the year it got harder to tug.

No tower on our boat. The windshield came that way from the factory on our boat, it did get worse through the year

Default Windshield problem

Wow!! This seems to be a very big problem. Before I purchased my Outback last year (2002) I was looking at a barely used 2000 Outback. One of the issues I noticed it was having was the walk thru part of the windshield was resting on the fiberglass on the driver side of the walk thru. The guy who owned it said that the dealership was going to repair that.
    Then I decided on a new Outback and I too am having that exact same problem. The walk thru part of the windshield is resting on the fiberglass rubbing a hole in the finish. I'm already scheduled in with my dealer to repair the problem and I too am having it remounted. This is a problem I think Moomba needs to be concerned with. It never dawned on my to think that the hull could be flexing, but now that you mention it.... I always thought, byt he looks of it, that it was the hinge on the windshield. In any case, it's good to hear that Moomba has stepped up to the plate and it taking care of all of us. I'm sorry to hear about the guy who brought this problem to light here on the board. In my opinion, I think Moomba should've taken care of the problem. There's no doubt it's a problem across many Outbacks. Just a suggestion.....you may want to look into paying the price to transfer the Hull Warranty. Just my 2 cents!
    Kraig

Default Windshield spread

I was not aware that there was way to transfer the hull warranty.
    I bought our Mobius from original owner and he had no paperwork on it.
    When I brought it in to the dealer they never mentioned that I could have transfered the warranty.

Not only did Moomba not handle it, they never even responded to my email regarding the situation.
    I love my boat, but that is not much for customer service.

Thanks for the feedback,
    Dave

Default Warranty Transfer

Benson-
    I'm surprise the original owner didn't say anything to you about the Hull transfer. And the dealership didn't say anything to you......? Hmmm..... Check with Moomba on this, I'm not up on all that needs to happen or exactly how the hull transfer works. It's a Lifetime Limited Hull warranty. Get with Moomba, I have faith they will give you the customer service you need and deserve!
    Kraig
    Kraig

Default Windshield

I too have this problem with my 1999 Moomba Outback. In anything other than glass water I have to keep my windshield open, because waves cause my hull to flex so much that the center window frame falls through the opening and jams underneath the driver side frame. I now have very deep gashes in the glass under the frame. The only way for me to unjam it is to completely disassemble the center window frame, and reassemble it back in it's normal position. It took me twice to learn that I just need to keep the window open when moving. Sounds like this is a problem I'm going to have to live with. I'm really disappointed to learn that this continues to be a problem in newer Moomba's. This may change my future buying decisions...
    Bruce Vanderbilt

I addressed this very concern before purchasing my 03 mobius. The dealer told me that Moomba has switched windows for this model year to hopefully address and solve this problem. Of course this doesn't help anyone who has an older model, but hopefully it will resolve the problem from continuing in the future. Also if this is a problem with the hull shape fluctuating then I don't really guess it matters what kind of window is on the boat. I guess they know more about what is going on with their boats than I do. I just hope that the problem is fixed.