Default trailer brake issue

Trailer brakes locking up when in reverse. I have checked the power for the reverse lights and it has power going to the bypass on the trailer but they are still locking up when backing up. I assume the bypass valve is bad but this started when I had a buddy back the trailer in to load the boat and he unhooked the lights first, ever since then it has been doing it. I was wondering if maybe there was somekind of trick to reset it or if it was just a coincidence that it stopped working then. Still under warranty but dealer is 2.5hrs away so any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,

Probably just coincidence...Check you wires and connections again. You should be able to hear the solenoid "click" if your at the hitch when you put in reverse. no click , no power, maybe a pinched wire, little corrosion on the blade in the 7pin..Or a bad solenoid.

My connector to the vehicle does it every time on first connection, just a lillte wiggle and good....Remember, a good "ground" connection is required too!