Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

sorry to hear/see it BLKOUTLS

Like somebody else said, 420 is barely broke in! Seems rare for this big of a problem at this low of hours...

So what do you believe the final issue is? It is hard to tell from the pics. Could you upload a few larger ones when you get a chance?
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

I couldn't tell anything from the photo of the pan. Just looked a little black but not clear enough to speculate-- at least not for these eyes.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Jesse dont know yet. i pulled the motor and oil pan yesterday and found about 1/4 cup of water mix in the pan. I plan on pulling the transmission and engine standing the motor this week. Then start a meticulous break down looking for any sign of damage or possible leak paths from a gasket,head or block. I want to get it right. Its been suggested i pull all the pistons and have the rods measured to insure one didnt bend. Also replace all the bearing,gasket and so on.

Sorry I try to post larger pics later. The pan has a slurry kind of a milky paste in it
    CS

I am so sorry that you have to do this at THIS TIME OF YEAR. I used to live in Ilinobama and know full well how long (wrong adjective?) the season is. Hope you're back on the water soon.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Here is a better pic sorry still small. The river is closed right now so the pain is somewhat lessened but still hurts.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    CS

I guess a good thing is you can rebuild the engine with new gaskets and everything and it will be like new again.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Just wondering how your oil pressure and water temp was.Milky color to me is water in the oil. Good luck and please keep us posted.
    John

oil pressure was 60 to 80 as it always is and temp never above 180 it normal operating temp
    its a carb engine.
    CS

with that much water oil should have looked "milky" when you checked it?