Default Replacement Propeller Suggestions

I munched the stock OJ-16 propeller this weekend on my 2004 XLV and am looking for the best propeller replacement. Any suggestions?? OJ, ACME, Ambush, etc.?? Size?? Pitch??

Default Replying to Topic 'Replacement Propeller Suggestions'

I would go with an OJ prop 4 blade and go with the ptch and size that is recomended from the factory with your boat. I would also recomend having two props and a puller along with the other necessary tools to do a swap at the boat ramp if you have to. It is a breez to swap and better to swap at the ramp then stop a day of fun in the sun.
    George

Thank you! I will look for the best deal I can find!

The best price I have found is at mmwatersports.com. Barts will also match any price you find.

Acme hands down!!! I replaced my OJ with an Acme 4 blade a year ago largely because of the hype surrounding them. I thought it was just a prop, how much different could it be? I'll tell you how much...huge!! My boat performs completely different in rough water and running ballast. I was very skeptical at first but I am a believer Acme is worth the money. The best money I have spent on improving my boats performance. I got mine from www.propellersonline.com they seem to have the best prices on the web.

Acme hands down!!! I replaced my OJ with an Acme 4 blade a year ago largely because of the hype surrounding them. I thought it was just a prop, how much different could it be? I'll tell you how much...huge!! My boat performs completely different in rough water and running ballast. I was very skeptical at first but I am a believer Acme is worth the money. The best money I have spent on improving my boats performance. I got mine from www.propellersonline.com they seem to have the best prices on the web.

Thanks everyone for your input!! I went with the ACME 13.5x17.5 and noticed a slight decrease in hole shot performance so I called ACME directly. They recommended the 13.5x16 which, by the way, was going to be the stock propeller for the Moomba line, but was replaced by OJ at the last minute due to the rev limiter.
    I am going to try out the 13.5x16 this weekend (thanks to Wakeside.com for swapping the other one out)

Originally posted by boatnuts

Thanks everyone for your input!! I went with the ACME 13.5x17.5 and noticed a slight decrease in hole shot performance so I called ACME directly. They recommended the 13.5x16 which, by the way, was going to be the stock propeller for the Moomba line, but was replaced by OJ at the last minute due to the rev limiter.
    I am going to try out the 13.5x16 this weekend (thanks to Wakeside.com for swapping the other one out)
    That is very cool of wakeside.

I have been running a Cutter Stainless on my boat and it has been very nice.
    Richard
    2001 Mobius

I mangled my OJ 4 blade 13 x13 on my 99 Mobius (carb + direct drive) a couple weeks ago and the local prop shop guy had an ACME 13 x 12 3 blade, for a pretty hefty fee. I contacted ACME directly and they recommended the same prop #541.

I put it on and noticed no reduction in hole-shot, actually maybe a bit better, plus about 2-3 mph on top end. One of my ski colleagues thinks it makes the boat ride higher out of the water, but not sure on that one. Does seem a little harder to maintain 20-22 mph for wakeboarding, I think.

Everyone around here says ACME is the only real option.
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

Why do they say that, because ACME has more size selections available?

I had a second OJ 13/13 rushed to me a few years ago it seems fine.