Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: new sport

Default new sport

while on my holidays I picked up another water sport.......and I thought surfing was fun!!!!

and this to show not all was easy

Last edited by DOCDRS; 07-24-2010 at 09:47 AM.
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

I so want one of those. About the only water toy I don't have.
    Medic151
    06 Mobius XLV

yep i'm not getting any younger so i decided to get me one.... my daughter now says i have every water toy ya can have......untill the next one
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

what is that i never seen or heard of that before
    08 lsv all red- dual battery system, kicker 700.5 and 450.2 amp, 10" kicker sub, wetsounds eq, polk db651 cabin speakers, exile xm7 tower speakers, ss thru hull fittings, seadek pad, evolutions cover

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=10664

Just picked one up this year!!! I love it. Have not been on anything else since I bought it. Im afraid it will slow my progression since it is so different to ride!!

A quick pic..
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have heard this is an absolute blast. And a gut-buster for those in the boat, watching someone try it for the first time. It's on my radar to rent one. It was on my radar to perhaps acquire one at the boat show in the spring, but even the boat show special price would set a guy back fifteen hundred bucks. I don't dispute there is some fine workmanship and materials involved, but I was one month fresh of pumping $1500 into my damaged snowmobile, so 2011 perhaps...
    '07 Outback V
    Ski|Board|Surf|Skate

Quote Originally Posted by gus 08 mobius lsv View Post
    what is that i never seen or heard of that before
    it's called an air chair. $1500 seems to be the going price. supposed to have a very easy learning curve.

there are 2 guys at our lake that have one and are able to do some massive inverts off them. they are absolutely amazing to watch with someone good riding...
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

There are a couple of different hydrofoil brands. Mine is made by sky ski. You can find them used on Craigslist and Ebay. Ive seen them for as little as $500 for a used air chair to $5000 for a top of the line sky ski. Ive been workin on some inverts but as you can see it is not going so well. Check out you tube vids and you will be amazed at what people can do on these things.
    Attached Images Attached Images

great riding hootre.....he's right its a SKY SKI and you can find used ones on ebay but most are the 29 " foil.....the b39 is a 39 " foil and very hard to find a used one....although $$$$ i figured easier to sell if i didn't like it, and if i do i dont have to upgrade to the longer foil a year later... ...having someone knowledgeable to ride with is a huge bonus as shortens the learning curve
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

Doug