Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Brain,
    sorry to hear about the trailer issue. that can just be fustrating enjoy your vacation, none the less.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

My 02 Outback LS trailer did this same thing. I called the dealer and he said to remove the wheel and bring it in. It did fine on the road until the hub dropped and was about to hit the road. I tied it up with a rope and off I went. They went ahead and replaced all 4 since they were afraid it was a bad run of torsion axels. I could not have been more pleased with the service. Fortunately I was only out of commision for about 3 days. It just happens, buy a boat, expect some repairs and issues.
    Medic151
    06 Mobius XLV

Quick update... Jerry at Boatmate was great, as expected. He said it would be approximately 1 week to get the axle through paint and shipped out and that's exactly what happened. He got my email Monday and it was at my door the following Tuesday. Great service IMO!

But now I have to install this thing, ugh... I guess I didn't realize that it was the entire axle tube that needed to be replaced. Supporting the boat and trailer weight so that I can remove the axle will be no small task. My 2 auto jackstands aren't going to cut it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    Before this spirals out of control, I've fired off a note to a Boatmate Rep to come on here to address the situation.

Let's hope he responds soon.
    I really hope someone does respond. It seems that BoatMate has had some bad press lately. I for one panicked and began closely examining my trailer (single axle, '04 LSV). I found that it had negative camber, oh my. After contacting BoatMate, I was informed that there is no recall, there were no "bad lots", the failures cover many years, and are relatively few in number. I also learned that negative camber is designed into the axles. Having grown up with a mechanic as a father, and working some for him while in school, I understand negative camber. I would suspect that they do this to make the trailer track straighter when being pulled.
    www.louisianawakeboarding.com

2004 LSV
    Perfect Pass, Integrated ballast (front, rear, middle), Wake Plate, Tower mounted bimini, Swivel board racks, Surf board rack, Tower mounted mirror, Keel guard, 4 tower speakers, 12" sub, 2 amps, transom remote, Bow filler cushion, and the list continues to grow.

I wonder if it's possible for you single axle owners to install a second axle, and swap out the fenders ??
    06 XLV

Quote Originally Posted by davinci View Post
    I wonder if it's possible for you single axle owners to install a second axle, and swap out the fenders ??
    Now that's an interesting idea... I sent boatmate an email posing the question so I'll let you know what I hear back.

Sure you could do it but it's a lot more than just adding an axle. You have to remove the existing one and relocate it so that the proper distribution of weight is maintained. You'd be better off IMO to just sell the single and buy a double.
    2007 Mobius LSV

I agree, you're definitely cutting & welding brackets in order to get the right weight distribution. It will come down to cost, like most things.

It would seem difficult to swap a custom painted trailer though, no?

I think it would be alot cheaper to add the axle, the parts are not very expensive and the welding shop won't cost that much IMO
    06 XLV

I used to have a boatmate trailer....that damn trailer cost more in annual maintnance than my boat.