Thread: Carb issues

Default Carb issues

I have a 97 Moomba Boomerang that is having carb issues. Shop has indicated that they are having a hard time locating a replacement carb (They also can not locate a rebuild kit). The numbers on my old carb are 80456-1. If this part is discontinued is there a replacement without any modifications? Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by CentralAl View Post
    I have a 97 Moomba Boomerang that is having carb issues. Shop has indicated that they are having a hard time locating a replacement carb (They also can not locate a rebuild kit). The numbers on my old carb are 80456-1. If this part is discontinued is there a replacement without any modifications? Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
    What motor do you have in the boat?
    Is the carb a Holley 4150 or 4160?
    You could probably just replace it with a Holley 4150 or 4160 dual fuel inlet, 600cfm, with vacuum secondaries.
    I have a Holley 4150 on my Outback. PN 75021-1
    '99 Outback (Maroon/Creme) GM 350/Holley 4150
    550 HRS
    LaSalle-Peru, IL

I replaced my Holley 4150 on my '01 Outback (PN 75021-1) with one from summitracing.com. They are helpful if you call them. I have the old rebuilt one still in my garage (which may or may not be good). If you are close to Tuscaloosa let me know if you are interested in it.
    2001 Moomba Outback, Indmar Assault 325 + 4BBL Holley

The boat has a 351 PCM engine. The shop has indicated that they have a call into the mfg to see what will interchange but I thought maybe someone on here may have already experienced the same problem.

yeah, a holley 4160 ought to do it.
    08 Outback
    82 American Skier

You can call holley directly and they can get you the number for the rebuild kit or carburetor. This is the route I went, but never actually got around to rebuilding mine. Symptoms have since resided after a few cans of SeaFoam have been run through it.

Not sure why shops have problems finding rebuild kits for these. I am sure SKIDIM has this and I found this place on line that says they 10 in stock for your carb. Check out the link.
    Holley's are the easiest rebuild out there.

http://www.marinepartssource.com/pro...Holley&mcat1=2