Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 06 Outback V

pictures and additional information sent to your email
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

Trebor, you hadn't indicated what purposes you wish to use your new acquisition for.
    I have an '07 OBV.
    My input from an all-sport perspective:
    Skiing: -
    - At 3000 lbs it is (next to the Sanger) the lightest V-dirve on the market
    - Wakeplate helps drive the nose into the water and flatten the wake
    - BUT: It is not a Direct Drive and will never perform like one for skiing.
    - NB: So if you are a skier, make sure that boat has the wake plate, or add it ($$).
    Wakeboarding:
    - As several have posted elsewhere, with proper technique, you should be able to perform just fine behind this boat.
    BUT: Your riders who go behind other, larger craft, may complain about this wake.
    BUT (2): For advanced boarders, at full rope and higer speeds (23+) it won't perform like a bigger boat.
    Surf:
    There is countless info on this forum as to setup, but you do need more ballast, or some heavy friends, if you wish to surf ropeless.

Ballast:
    The only bad advice on acquisition I got was I didn't need G3. Baloney! So I fill 2x350's manually.
    - Check with your dealer whether they have the capability to install G3. My dealer does not.
    - The do-it-yourselfers on this forum have done it themselves and shared the knowledge.

Overall:
    Get it right (type of boat). Moomba/Supra dealers fully expect that their customers will be back, often for an upgrade or different configuration.

Hope that helps.
    '07 Outback V
    Ski|Board|Surf|Skate

dang moombabound couldn't have said it any better; there are some guys at the ski club who have skied behind a lot of different boats and they classify the wake at longer lengths (i.e. 15 off) as "actually not too bad" and "I could adapt to that" and "kind of like an older nautique or nautank as we call them" there's one guy that skied both my boat and a 2010 OBV and says there's a significant difference between the two- with the older lighter models being better.

Of course as Ed said the wakeboard/wakesurf wake of the newer models is better. Experienced wakeboard riders have done tricks behind my boat that I'll never approach- and one guy who usually rides a Supra launch 22 said and I quote "hey that's not too bad for such a small boat"

I've been able to freesurf behind my boat with the 400# bags and a few big dudes in the boat- and I'm a novice surfer. I do plan to plop in some heavier bags at some point.

So I've decided my OBV is a worthy crossover boat for my current needs
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float