Default Tsunami upgrade on Gravity I ballast system

2005 Mobius LSV

Current setup:
    - Stock Gravity I Ballast System (Rule pump with 1 sprinkler valve)
    - Bags, pumps and cords all over the place

Final setup:
    - Stock Gravity I Ballast System (Rule pump with 1 sprinkler valve)
    - V-Drive compartment - Tsunami T-800 pump system based off new 3/4" intake

The plan was to leave the stock ski locker bag setup, as it works great for me and I didn't see the need to change it ... may change it in the future if I install an integrated bow sack. Then, I plan to run a T-800 to each of the bags in the rear lockers, and a T-800 to drain each bag.

So far have drilled for the additional thru-hull fitting (3/4"), it has sealed nicely, we tested it last night, and the pumps are below the water line so they are priming nicely (my biggest worry)

With this model of boat, you'll find there is literally no room in the hull to fit a pump system, luckily I had only two pumps to fit down there so I ran the thru hull straight to the ball valve, and then a male adapter to screw on a T-fittting which went straight to the pumps... I'll snap a picture this weekend to illustrate what I'm talking about.

This weekend I'll be finishing it up and testing it... I'm running 3/4" hose from the pumps up to a vented loop for each bag, then draining to new drain holes on each side with a one way check-valve in line to prevent air from filling into the bags for whatever reason.

I haven't T'ed in an air vent for the bags, yet. I know I'll want to eventually, but currently I'm using old school Sumo bags which don't have a top vent so I'm SOL for the time being. Air venting will be done by hand in the meantime... :S

Pictures to come after the weekend if anyone is interested....
    Last edited by offaxis82; 07-22-2010 at 01:52 PM. Reason: more detail

I have a 07 LSV w/ same stock setup and would like to plumb my port side 750# this winter. I am tired of filling it manualy.
    07 LSV