Default Gray Electrical connector

Hey guys, I'm replacing my bilge pump, and it is wired to some sort of small gray electrical connector that looks like it should just come apart, but won't. Anyone know the secret words or combination to disconnect it? The connector is about an inch and a half long, and cylindrical with wires running out of both ends. Maybe I just need to pull harder, but I'm afraid that I am going to wreck it and then figure out that I just needed to twist or something.

Thanks!

what does your new bilge pump come with? does it have this same connector on it?

My pump was the sahara, have replaced it twice, finally made this little mesh net to go around the intake and no more problems with the pump getting gummed up.

When i changed mine, i simply cut/spliced the wires and used good ole shrink tubing.

Mine was the sahara S500 as well. I finally yanked on it until it came apart. There was a small lever that pushed in and acts as a release, but it still took some determination to separate the two halves. It appears to be some sort of waterproof connector so I am trying to figure out how to reuse it, but the new pump just comes with bare wires and I think that I am going to have to cut and splice. The mesh net is a good idea.

By the way, for those of you who need to remove the bilge pump: the S500 has 2 tabs, one on either side. If you push the tabs in with your fingers the top of the pump comes loose and you can access the screws to get it loose from the bottom of the boat. (Or you can just pry it until it breaks like I did, and then kick yourself when you figure out how easy it would have been if you had known how to do it the right way)

I just replaced mine and I just spliced the wires. I left the wires long so I could run them over a motor mount to keep them out of the water. I didn't even remove the base plate. Just stuck the new pump on the old housing and off I went. I could see where breaking it would be a pain cause I sure thought I was gonna break mine, but I lucked out. Now I have a spare.
    Medic151
    06 Mobius XLV

As far as a reuse, i would splice cut the harness connector off and splice the wires on the bench, use heat shrink tubing or equivalent, that way you can drop your pump in and connect the gray connector. Its kinda hard to make a good splice with the wires down in a hole.