Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I don't want to get too over carried away just yet with buying bags and this and that. I was thinking of making a way to be able to move the bag from the non surf side to the surf side. So basically have two ballast sacs in the compartment. I think I can do that pretty cheap. Would give me 800 lbs of ballast in that compartment.
    2006 Mobius LSV

Sled491 Guest

That would work but how would you fill it?

Right now I have a bag on each side. Both bags have two lines hooked to them. When I move the bag. I will have a pair of hoses that run those lines to the other side of the boat to the new location of the bag. So I will be using the same lines but just run extensions on them to the other side. I looked and the cost of the quick connects and the hose would run me about 25.00 bucks which is alot cheaper then having to deal with buying a bigger bag. Also, it would make it where I can go back to having a bag in each side for wakeboarding. I'm not even to the point of using ballast for wakeboarding yet so don't want to buy more ballast just for surfing.
    2006 Mobius LSV

Sled491 Guest

I've surfed behind a Spupra 22 World games with stock ballast 400 400 400. NOt very good. You really do need the extra weight to get the wave to form properly. ALso a bag up front will help lenghten the pocket.

When I first started I tried with a 350lb in the locker and the stock 400lb center. It was not a great wake unless I had several people in the boat. When I purchased the 750lb sack ($149) and put it in the locker it made a lot of difference.
    07 LSV

Quote Originally Posted by walb0244 View Post
    Right now I have a bag on each side. Both bags have two lines hooked to them. When I move the bag. I will have a pair of hoses that run those lines to the other side of the boat to the new location of the bag. So I will be using the same lines but just run extensions on them to the other side. I looked and the cost of the quick connects and the hose would run me about 25.00 bucks which is alot cheaper then having to deal with buying a bigger bag. Also, it would make it where I can go back to having a bag in each side for wakeboarding. I'm not even to the point of using ballast for wakeboarding yet so don't want to buy more ballast just for surfing.
    Walb,

I wouldn't go thru the trouble. Fill the front and surf side sacks then bring about 8 people and have them all sit on the surf side of the boat. Put the heaviest person on the rear corner seat, the next heaviest next to him, and so on, moving towards the front of the boat. And have the driver stand up on top of the ski locker once the boat is up to speed so that his weight us not counter acting the weight on the surf side. This assume you are surfing on the port side of course.

Oh, and leave the wake plate all the way up, 10 mph.

If you're not happy with the wake, then find a good deal on a 750 lb sac ($150 if new) and a couple of $5 fittings and you will be all set.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Ok. Think I will give this a try first. Don't even know if gonna like surfing yet or not. With a moomba can I surf on either side. I wakeboard goofy footed so I'm assuming I'm gonna surf goofy which means will be on the drivers side. Can you surf on that side with Moomba's?
    2006 Mobius LSV

Ok. Think I will give this a try first. Don't even know if gonna like surfing yet or not. With a moomba can I surf on either side. I wakeboard goofy footed so I'm assuming I'm gonna surf goofy which means will be on the drivers side. Can you surf on that side with Moomba's?
    I predict you'll love it. I've started about 15 different people so far, and everyone has raved about it. Only problem with you being goofy is switching over for all the regular riders. Have fun.

Yes, just do the opposite of what I wrote above (i.e., fill starboard side ballast and put everyone on the starboard side). Except the driver can stay in the driver's seat since that is the surf side for goofy.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Yeah I'm goofy. When I'm watching some of the tricks and drills on "The Book" DVD i have to keep in mind and revert everything for me being goofy. I'm goofy and my brother in law that wakeboards with me is goofy as well. Which with wakeboarding no biggie. But with surfing takes awhile to rearrange. So will just make everyone learn goofy. Just kidding. Hahahaha. I'm actually lucking out. A buddy of mine is the one that bought the board. He said he wanted to try it. Told him if he bought the board I would figure the rest out. If we need more ballast will probably split that with him as well. He doesn't have a boat and loves going out.
    2006 Mobius LSV