Thread: Head unit?

Question Head unit?

My IP 500 ipod interface is going out so I am looking to replace it. I also found a Kenwood KDC-X493 Head uint that has the USB on the front. That would be much better but would it still work with my driver side wired remote. Does anyone have this head unit?

Eric,

Below is a pic of the back of the KDC-X493. See the blue wire labeled "Remo. Cont"? That's where you connect the wire from the remote control puck. It will work with this head unit.

Al

Al

2006 Mobius LSV

I have the x493 and works fine with the Aeware hockey puck remote

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Question Another Question...

So I just plug my Ipod in using the USB and I can control it from the head unit or the remote. I don't need the IP 500 interface anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Z View Post
    So I just plug my Ipod in using the USB and I can control it from the head unit or the remote. I don't need the IP 500 interface anymore?
    Not quite. I have the x692 and I can control my iPhone using the head unit but not the remote. And controlling the iPhone with the head unit is cumbersome and not nearly as easy as controlling it with the iPhone. The only thing I can control with the remote is the volume.

What I do instead is use an iPhone cradle at the helm/dash that is plugged into the 12V power point and run an aux cable from it to the head unit via the ski locker. That way, I control the iPhone with the iPhone from the helm. In my opinion, it's the best way to do it.

Here's a link to my set up:

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....=iphone+cradle

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Question Ip 500?

So with the head unit I have now I use the IP 500 interface and it controls my I-phone. Remote or head unit doesn't matter. The USB on this wont do the same? I can change songs and volume now. I dont want to have to change songs in the glovebox. If that is the case I will just get another interface. I would love to have a head unit that does it all and not need to use it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Z View Post
    So with the head unit I have now I use the IP 500 interface and it controls my I-phone. Remote or head unit doesn't matter. The USB on this wont do the same? I can change songs and volume now. I dont want to have to change songs in the glovebox. If that is the case I will just get another interface. I would love to have a head unit that does it all and not need to use it though.
    I don't know anything about the IP 500
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV