Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Rear Seat Back - Outback DD

I have an 07 Outback and it seems that the port side seat back has "collapsed" a little from having the rear seat in the sundeck position. It is right at the top of the seat back where the seat would sit on when it is in the sundeck poisition.

It is hard to see from the picture attached, but you can see that there is a bulge towards the centre of the boat and if you feel with your heard on the top of the seatback, you can tell that something inside has broken.

Has anyone had this problem with the Outback DD?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Klipper; 07-20-2010 at 04:43 PM.
    2007 Outback DD

That sucks. Haven't experienced that on my 08 DD.
    08 Outback
    82 American Skier

Cool

Me neither and i have an 07 as well but we seldom have the seat up in sundeck location other than when we surf. I'm curious to know what to look for and what the solution may be.
    Some creative mind i'm sure will speak up.
    07 Outback DD

Default same problem

I have an 06 Outback with the exact same problem on the starboard side. it started about 1 year ago and has gotten worse to the point that it is now ripping the upholstery. I would also like to know if anyone has fixed this problem and how? The seat is not a snug fit between the gunwales in the sun lounge position and if you get a couple of guys sitting on it it seems to bend the support bracket. Any possibility of a recall or TSB from Moomba?

I would think that Skiers Choice would cover something like this under warranty. I have used the seat in the sundeck position a total of 2 times I think! My boat barely has 70hrs. on it.
    2007 Outback DD

I would agree that it should be covered as I think mine was only used for one summer and probably only had 60 hours on it when I noticed it.[now has 95 hours]. I looked in behind it and found 2 bolts coming through but unfortunately when I tried undoing the nut the bolt turns as well. I will have to talk to the dealer and see if they have repaired any of these and see if I can do it myself.

Talked to the dealer today and they spoke direct to SC. SC say it is an abuse issue and not a design flaw and suggest someone must have jumped on it. the bracket is $60.00 and I will try to install it myself. Has anyone els had this issue???

No issue here. Have an '07 Outback w/ 150+ hours. Use seat in down and sunpad position. I ask people not to step on the seat getting in and out of the boat.
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

I removed the seat back and pulled apart the upholstery to see what part was needed. the part that bent was only held in place by 6 staples. I will remove the staples and replace with SS screws. Knowing that 200 lb plus people may be using this as a sun lounge that they would have made this a little beefier. Anybody want to see pictures of the repair? Klipper- Have you had yours repaired yet?
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by dkremp View Post
    Anybody want to see pictures of the repair? Doug
    Doug - I would appreciate seeing pictures. Thanks. - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles