Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Help with first surf board purchase...

Hey fella's looking to buy my first wakesurf board here soon. Im about 6'2" 190lbs and fairly athletic. A friend has a CWB wakesurf board that i have been using but would like to get my own ride now. Since here in MI the summer season is just about 1/2 over, price/value is a factor in my purchase. Right now im leaning towards the Triple X line since they seem to be resonably priced (58" Composite). Right now i really dont have a skim or surf preference, to be honest at some point i would like to own both style of boards. Any suggestions or input would be great, thanks...J

no kiddin ed...

I really enjoy my inland surfer 4-skim, but the quad is a real nice board as well. also have a daniello pro model that is a little slower but very responsive..

the triple x boards are nice as well. we have a x-sponsored rider here that loves to bring them out to the lake and let you demo them. hoping on friday
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    If your ready for the next level, I'd say go with an Inland Surfer Blue Lake Quad.

man, your gonna get a ton of suggestions with this post
    Yeah IS boards are def. on my radar too.

Since there is really no place to demo boards around here this is the best way for me to hear thoughs on what people ride etc... Keep'em comming. Thanks.

Sled491 Guest

Love the IS boards, but my favorite is still my Walker Project board.

I like my Shred Stixx. I sold my Triple X Composite after 6 weeks of using it. It was very loose and liked to slide alot ( the fin is very short). Just got the IS Squirt

Quote Originally Posted by you da man View Post
    I like my Shred Stixx. I sold my Triple X Composite after 6 weeks of using it. It was very loose and liked to slide alot ( the fin is very short). Just got the IS Squirt
    What kind of fin did the Triple X composite come with, is it a single hole or two hole style?
    '01 Mobius

Quote Originally Posted by jra007 View Post
    What kind of fin did the Triple X composite come with, is it a single hole or two hole style?
    Two hole design but it's definately a wakeboard style/shaped fin

I had some good advice from an expert, he told me not to get a long board, sure they are easier to learn on, but in about 2 weeks you will be selling it and purchasing a shorter board so you can do more tricks. We have been surfing for about a month now, and I am thankfull that I took his advice. For under 200 lbs I would get a 52" board, 200-250 I would get a 56" board. We purchased HydroLite boards which were under $300. What a blast!!!!

I pulled the trigger and just bought the Shred Stix, Ja Mako and love it! Great board for anyone and we ride with beginners to experts, everyone loves it. I ride it with just the centre fin in. It holds the wake better then the Inland boards in my opinion. Enjoy the search!
    2004 MOBIUS LSV
    2008 Tacoma

Where in MI are you? We ride on Long Lake in Cloverdale. If you are near you can try an IS Blue and IS Sweet Spot. The Blue is a great, easy cruising board that lets you carve a bit. It's actually maybe a little to big for me (5'8" 165) but it is still fun. Just got the Sweet Spot last weekend, very fast board. I think it is 4'9" but very wide. Still getting used to it. A friend who is 6'0" 210 can ride it no problem. Also tried a Grindwater Slaysh, did not like it all, very slow board, really need to work it to stay in pocket...big guys would find it almost impossible to ride. Ride a Ronix Koall 5'6" sometimes, nice board, again too big for me...great for big guys. Also rode a Hyperlite Swell, 4'3" I think...very slippery, I don't like that much but owner likes it. He is about my size but bigger guy can ride it also, fast board.

As far as durability, IS are great. The Ronix is made like a true surfboard and it show wear quite easily.
    2008 Outback V