Default i have propeller question

i have a 2004 moonba outback and just damaged the prop. if i were to replace this on my own what size prop am i looking for and is it hard to do?

anything i need to do over just replacing it

thanks
    kris

stamped around the collar that slides up the shaft will be the prop diameter and pitch. will be something like 13.7x17.5. the first is the diameter and the second is the pitch. if you call nettleprops, oj props or acme props, any of them can get you the information you need to either replace it with what's there or depending on your use of the boat, something better.

there are also repair shops that can make it as good as new depending on the damage and can often be done for half the cost of a new one.

pulling the prop is not hard if you have the correct tool. most shops have this and should r&r a prop for less than $50. if you opt to have yours repaired, just get a shop to pull it(usually a $20 will get it done) and put it back on yourself. they should show you how..

good luck...
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

and it would be smart to check alignment after striking something with your prop..
    08 Outback
    82 American Skier

If you are replacing it, give Eric at OJ a call. He can recommend the best prop for your setup. He can also help with repairs, pullers, etc. He's ejojprop on here. Here's his info:

Eric Johnson
    Johnson Propeller Co., Inc
    OJ PROPS 800-359-9730
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Default Prop Puller

I picked up a "harmonic prop puller" ($40) that was basically a threaded cylinder that went on the shaft after the prop. Instructions said to put it on and hit it a couple times with a hammer and that it would “vibrate loose” the prop. Even with heat application to the prop hub this tool did nothing perceptible. I then spent the ($75) for a prop puller that has a bolt that tightens on the shaft connected to a collar that pulls from behind the prop to the bolt on the front of the shaft. Worked like a charm in about 5 minutes. I now keep it near my spare prop as part of the repair kit. Lesson, spend the extra $ and get the bolt style prop puller.

-Kris

thanks for the info guys!

just droped it off at a repair shop what is doing for a 1/3 for the price to replace and also repairing the front fin the is bent

thanks for the fast replies !

kris