Default Power Washing the Vinyl?

So I had a bunch of friends out on the boat all weekend...the carpet got really dirty and muddy...It seems to happen no matter how much I stress to take your shoes off.... the normal carpet cleaners were not even touching the stains...so I tried power washing it as I heard in a earlier form that this really cleans it up nice. Worked Perfect! Looks almost new! Thanks for the great tip!

So I was thinking that maybe I could power wash the vinyl as well. It has just a little trace of dirt in the small crevasses that I can't seem to scrub out. Has anyone tried this? I would think it would work just fine, but also don't want to ruin the vinyl either. Let me know of any thoughts or experience with this. Thanks.
    2006 Mobius XLV

I have a friend that does it and it works ok at best. I'd never do it on my boat though. Too easy to get a little close and burn through. A good vinyl cleaner and a scrub brush is safer and will do a better job.

I just finished cleaning the vinyl in my boat from top to bottom. malco vinyl cleaner does the trick, but does take some elboe grease. just be sure and use a conditioner afterwards, such as babes seat saver or 303 as the malco strips the uv protectant off the vinyl(or so I've been told).

it does the trick nicely. I didn't think my vinyl was dirty at all, but it looks like a new boat again
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    "Refudiate" that idea.
    ha, LoL...
    08 Outback
    82 American Skier

Quote Originally Posted by brain_rinse View Post
    I have a friend that does it and it works ok at best. I'd never do it on my boat though. Too easy to get a little close and burn through. A good vinyl cleaner and a scrub brush is safer and will do a better job.
    My thoughts as well. Try some soft-scrub with a brush. I've not had anything it won't remove. The stuff without bleach actually seems to work best.

Probably a good time to link back to this thread: https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=9686