Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Issues with getting people up and out of water.

I am having a issue with getting a few people up and out of the water. The board I am using is a older 142 cm board. One of the guys I am having trouble with is about 300 lbs. Is my board just too small for the guy?
    2006 Mobius LSV

Has this person ever been up on a board before???? I would think you should have no problems. I was well over 200 a few years ago and rode on a 143 with my kid between my legs.

No. The person has never been up on a board before. He has plenty of upper body strength because I know because he can hold on to the rope long enough that it sling shots half way back to the boat when he lets go. Maybe he is just doing something wrong. I have a hard time knowing exactly what to tell people to do when I'm in the boat. Hard to tell what they are doing.
    2006 Mobius LSV

I use a surfboard and surf rope first; then the surf rope and wakeboard; then the wakeboard rope and wakeboard. It really works.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I don't have a surf board but I could see how that would work pretty well. I guess I could shorten the rope up alot more to help at first. I was able to teach my mom, my step dad, my step sister, my brother, and my dad all how to wakeboard (or atleast start). Just every so often I get a person that I can't for the life of me get out of the water.

I had one guy that I couldn't get him out of the water and we kept telling him what to do. He kept telling us he was doing that. Well when he finally got up he told us what his problem was. He wasn't doing what we had been telling him.

Guess I'll give the really short rope a try. Got a old wakeboard rope that I will have to try.
    2006 Mobius LSV

learnwake.com has some pointers as well as youtube.

The book dvd set is good as well for drivers and riders.

Typically what happens is the riders is pulling against the boat and creating awedged with the board, if they point there toes toward the back of the boat the board will slide to the suface and thn he can switch into the riding stance.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Pointing toes so they don't push a wall of water is about the best advice out there. Some just never get it though. That's why I love the surfboard. It just slides up on top and ingraines the feeling.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

if nothing else just tell them to stop screwing around and when you hit up to just stand up and ride---that actually worked for me with somebody--go figure
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

The best advice is to tell people it is like your sitting on the ground and someone is trying to help pull you up. You must point your toes down and let your but slide toward your heals.

Sounds like he is just pushing water once you do this it is very difficult to get up.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake Master View Post
    The best advice is to tell people it is like your sitting on the ground and someone is trying to help pull you up. You must point your toes down and let your but slide toward your heals.

Sounds like he is just pushing water once you do this it is very difficult to get up.
    Actually, make the person sit down with one foot forward. Place your arm out and have then hold on to it. You pull them forward and make them use their front leg to lift their body up.
    Getting people to relax in the water is one of the hardest things to do. Everyone want to try really hard and make work out of getting up. The more problems they have, the harder they work.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier