Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Food and snack ideas

The prep time that goes into a day on the lake includes some packing of food and snacks. I'd like to know of any recipes that folks have to keep the skiers and boarders fueled but also keep the fuss and trash down. Any tips appreciated.
    2008 Outback V

Some of the basic foods i take out are apples and bannanas, clif bars and you cannot forget the gold fish.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

dorritos
    cheese puffs
    grape coolaid

not really

but what we do is

shandwich's
    water
    freshfruit
    water
    and best of all------kettle cooked jalipino flavored Wise chips--eatin on the swim platform
    water
    nice cold beer when we get home
    Last edited by moombadaze; 07-17-2010 at 12:49 PM.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Have two plastic bins or "snack shacks" as my grandson call them.

One has a variety of small chip packs and jerky. Nothing orange or red. The other has a variety of cookies, breakfast bars, energy bars, granola bars and trail mix. Again nothing orange or red.

Beverages are also easy, juice packs, water, soda and electolyte packs to add to the water which are great after a long day in the sun.

Pre-made sandwiches for lunch. Nothing fancy, just quick and dirty. The less hassles the better on the water, unless of course your one of those types that grills. But then you shoulda bought the GrillMobius!
    2007 Mobius LSV

oreos are a must have when spending the day at the lake ! water and gatorade nutrigrain bars and pringles
    08 lsv all red- dual battery system, kicker 700.5 and 450.2 amp, 10" kicker sub, wetsounds eq, polk db651 cabin speakers, exile xm7 tower speakers, ss thru hull fittings, seadek pad, evolutions cover

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=10664

we've been eating wraps (don't forget the bacon), lots of nuts, and Herr's baby back rib flavored chips (well worth the cleanup)
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

my family loves taking sandwiches that are made on King's Hawaiian sweet rolls instead of regular bread. it holds up better in the cooler and they gobble up every last bite.

And we always have some Wise Snacks on board.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    my family loves taking sandwiches that are made on King's Hawaiian sweet rolls instead of regular bread. it holds up better in the cooler and they gobble up every last bite.

And we always have some Wise Snacks on board.
    +1 on the Hawaiian bread. Also Roarin' Water for the kids (flavored water with no color so it doesn't stain).
    '05 Supra 21V Launch

Water and adult beverages in the cooler. We fill a ziplock full of uncrustables. The kids love them. Just make them eat on the swim deck because sometimes the jelly squirts out. Cheese sticks work great. Quaker carmel rice cakes because they don't make crumbs when eating them like chips. I am starting to get hungry.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2001 Outback LS

Wise snacks. Chewy granola bars because they don't crumb all over the place. Watch the chocolate chips though.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!