Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tow Vehicle

Default Tow Vehicle

Hi All,
    I am still looking for my first moomba, but the wife says I need to put the horse before the cart. I am wondering what you use to tow your boat. I am looking for truck, but an SUV could work. I do not live on a lake so I would make weekday trips of 20 miles and weekend trips of around two hours. Thanks for all your help!

Andy L

'07 Dodge Mega Cab 5.9L diesel. 19-21 mpg on highway, 15 mpg towing the boat 70-75mph

What's your budget? Do you care about things like amenities and fuel mileage or are you just looking for a tow beast?

I have an '04 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 4.7l ho. Pulls hard and get 18 hwy and 16 towing. Stays strong and not weak on hills. Also have an '99 f150 with 4.9l triton, NOT recommended! Is weak on hills and drains tank in one trip!! 20 gallons gone!!! You can watch the gauge fall.

I have a 2004 Ford F150 - 4.6l. Mileage isn't the best, but it pulls the boat. Fuel isn't the best, but not the worst. Pulls the boat out of the water just fine.

'00 ford f-150 heavy half. 5.4 triton. gets around 13 in town and 8-10 when towing. not great, but it has no issues yanking boat around up and down the hills we live around..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

06 dodge quad cab 4x4 hemi. no issues at all with it so far.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

2004 Silverado 2500HD 6.0 gas engine. Truck only gets about 13.5mpg even when Im not towing, but the nice thing is that it gets about 12.5mpg with the boat back there. Its got a big ole 4.10 in the back for pulling huge loads, so it probably need to put some bigger tires on it to help a tiny bit.

02' Montero Limited V6 18hwy/15city/8tow with 165k miles and bulletproof. Upgraded brakes and old man Emu suspension. Flat ohio it's ok towing. cannot take it to the mountains.

We are getting a denali/escalade with the 6.2l this winter.

Are you looking for a daily driver or just occasional weekend tow hog? Are you towing flat or hills/mts for 2hrs?

I have a 07 ford explorer Eddie bauer V8 tow package twin transmission cooler
    and I'm more than happy...

Last weekend i borrowed a F-350 Larriat supper duty diesel from a Ford dealer for a 250 miles trip to the a lake... No surprise, it rides like your towing nothing.
    But ouch, I drove to fast on the rough and I broke a leaf spring on the trailer and had to put a 4x4 wood piece between the trailer frame and the axel...

Guess what ? I'm gonna stick with much smaller tow rigs...