Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uhhh yeah...

Default Uhhh yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by lewisb13 View Post
    Damn when was the last time you changed the impeller.
    2009 Moomba Mobius XLV: 340hp, bimini top, Kenwood speaker system with sub.

HA! I bought the boat on a saturday, took it out that evening at it was fine. 75 hours on the boat. Took it out on sunday and it was HOTTTTTT.....

Quote Originally Posted by lewisb13 View Post
    HA! I bought the boat on a saturday, took it out that evening at it was fine. 75 hours on the boat. Took it out on sunday and it was HOTTTTTT.....

You're supposed to either pull it every year when you stow it or change it every year or two years.
    2009 Moomba Mobius XLV: 340hp, bimini top, Kenwood speaker system with sub.

Yeah tell the guy I bought it from that!

how oldis the boat.you can bet the motor oil ,filter,tranny and v drive may not have been serviced either then
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

lewisb13 - Which model boat do you have and where did you find the pieces that broke from the impeller? - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

All the fluids got changed at the beginning of this season so Im not too worried there. And since the engine was overheating it was putting the boat into "limp" mode to protect the engine which I thought was a cool feature so Im not too worried about having to change the oil since its still honey color. The boat is an 05 LSV. The pieces that I did find were caught in the tube between the trans cooler and the actual impeller. I didnt pull the other end of the tube off and feel around in there with my finger up at the trans cooler, but I will today.

umm for some reason the one on the left look a little wrong. I cannot put my finger on why but it might be a little lop sided.

I hope you found all the parts. You might want to pull the hose that goes from the impeller to the engine and make sure you do not have any hiding out.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

I changed mine, original was in. Did not say "Johnson" on it as yours in this picture does. Looks like its been changed before in this case. Did you look at the inside of the impeller housing so make sure everything in there is smooth?
    Only time I have really seen one in this shape is when the pickup was clogged with dirt and the engine overheated as no water was making it to the impeller....