Default Taking head unit out of glove box

Is it possible to mount the head unit (stereo) in the dash like on the supras? I have a 02' mobius and hate the glove box mounting. thanks....
    Douglas

Default Replying to Topic 'Taking head unit out of glove box'

Anything is possible. I just see a lot more of a downside to this than any positives. Do you not have the wired remote near dash?

I'm not trying to be negative, but here's difficulties I see with doing this. First, you need to cut a sizable hole in the dash for the unit. Then you need to make sure the rear of the unit is properly supported to keep it from bouncing itself to death or possible causing cracking in the dash area. Next, you need to re-route all the wiring from the passenger side to the driver's side which is entirely possible but it will be time consuming. Then there's the gaping whole that needs to be fixed in the glove compartment, unless you don't use yours. On top of all that, now you have a head unit that is a lot more exposed to the elements. The do, however, make a plastice flip up dome that slips fits around the head unit, but I don't see it as being as good and option as the factory glove box mount.

If you don't have the wired remote, and that's why you don't like the glove box mount, I'd definitely see if they make one for your head unit and check that route out first. If not, good luck with your project.