Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Iowa Moomba Owners!!

Anyone own a Moomba in Iowa? Let's hear from you and where you ride/boat at. Maybe we can get together before the boating season ends here. If not, we can put together a MO/IA jamboree for next season?? Anyone interested?

Kip

Maybe you Iowa guys can tell me where to get some good eats in Des Moines. I'll be there Sept 8-10. Thanks!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Cruise to the Amana Colonies. Also, you can't leave Iowa without a pork tenderloin and a Maid-Rite.

Kaneboats,

Tons of great eating establishments. Traveling alone or with the family? If you'd like send me a PM of where you will be at and I'd be happy to give you more specific info of sometihng in the area. I live in a suburb and work downtown Des Moines and eating out is one of my pastimes...
    2003 Outback

It's a regional conference so I'll be with a group from work. We're staying at the Des Moines Marriott - Downtown. Thanks!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Downtown is good. Number of good places with lots of variety. Here's my top picks:

Couple of Microbreweries: Court Avenue Brewing Company and Raccoon River are both good - all around fare - nice atmosphere. Court Ave sometimes has live bands in the bar.

Centro is good for Italian and Steaks and good chops as well - has a nice patio area also.

801 Steak and Chop has great steaks - pricey though (at least for Des Moines).

Splash is good seafood but if you're from a coast you can better seafood at home - can't beat midwest for steaks and pork chops!

If you have a minute - this might help: www.downtowndesmoines.com
    2003 Outback

This is very helpful. My boss and I usually like to find a casual place like a microbrew so those suggestions are very helpful. I'm kind of looking forward to it. Thanks!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

As to the original post. As has already been stated - we are in the Des Moines area. Usually go a local resevior Saylorville. Not great for skiing but it's only 5 minutes from home. It gets crazy busy on the weekend afternoon/evenings. Not a great family atmosphere in my opinion and almost unsafe at times. I guess that's why we have weeknights and early mornings.

MO/IA jamboree for '09 sounds like a blast!
    2003 Outback

Yeah I know what you mean about Saylorville, too many boats for me. I usually go to Red Rock, tons more room and you can always find a calm cove. I live about 30 min. from both. If we had a IA/MO reunion, I think Lake Rathbun would be a great spot. Personally I think it's the nicest lake in the state.

Been to Red Rock a few times and it is nice. If it weren't for proximity I'd go there over Saylorville anytime. But I can be on the water on Saylorville in 10 minutes.

I like Rathbun as well - beautiful lake. I'm interested to see what the new lodge/resort they are building there will do to it. I'm hoping to make it there next summer to check it out.
    2003 Outback