Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: battery

Default battery

I can't understand why my new 2002 moomba mobius battery goes dead after it sits for a day. radio off, key off. what could possibily be running to run battery down?

I know this sounds silly but are you sure the radio is completely off. If it says "All Off" it is not off and you have to hold the src button down until the display goes blank. That is the most common cause for dead batteries. If that is not it let me know. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Matt Brown
    Product Development Manager

Mine is hooked up to one of the accessory switches, It is good and bad, It definitely turns off, but it will not hold any memory preset stations. Is that how they are normally hooked up? That is how mine was installed anyway.

Are you sure all the other switches are turned off? Do you have an Amp that is maybe staying on? Good luck I hope you solve this problem.
    Richard
    2001 Mobius

We have been burned the same way twice. Sorry guys, but it is not a good design. We are going to add a switch to the radio to ensure there is no power to it in the future when switched off.

Default Preset Memory

CWS_Kahuna
    Actually, going through an accessory switch is not a bad idea. You said that you keep losing your presets and probably your clock I would assume. You can remedy this. On vehicles the stereo is wired through the ignition and when the ignition is not on there is no power to the stereo but how do they keep their presets and clock? All stereos have a separate power wire to power the presets and the clock. You need to isolate that wire and give it a dedicated power source. Your manual on the stereo can walk you through this. It is very convienent having a clock on board. Hope this helps!
    Kraig

Default battery

do a draw test in your diffrent circuit till you find what is making the draw and find the problem unit in that cicuit. use a multi meter on amp scale but do not turn any thing on with the meter hooked up or you will blow the fuse in the meter

I have been told that electronic ignition or the computer that runs it or something is always drawing power. Not sure..

How old is the battery?

I am happy to get 2 seasons out of a battery, expecting only 1 season.
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

Quote Originally Posted by BensonWdby View Post
    I have been told that electronic ignition or the computer that runs it or something is always drawing power. Not sure..

How old is the battery?

I am happy to get 2 seasons out of a battery, expecting only 1 season.
    If the battery is six years old, it may just be shot. I would hope to get more that 2 seasons, but six is pushing it. Do you maintain the battery during the winter, either with a trickle charge or an occasional full charge?

Quote Originally Posted by CWS_Kahuna View Post
    Mine is hooked up to one of the accessory switches, It is good and bad, It definitely turns off, but it will not hold any memory preset stations. Is that how they are normally hooked up? That is how mine was installed anyway.

Are you sure all the other switches are turned off? Do you have an Amp that is maybe staying on? Good luck I hope you solve this problem.
    I'm not sure what radio you have but mine hold the presets when the acc switch is turned off.

Sled491 Guest

I would probably lean towards the old shot battery theory myself.