Default Faria Fuel Manager - anyone install one?

Hey guys (girls),

Has anyone installed one of these in our boats? I've got a '06 LS (EFI) with two speedo's and I'm looking to remove one speedo and install a fuel use meter like the one here:

http://www.faria-instruments.com/fuel_manager.php.

Looks like a fairly easy install. Our stock fuel filter appears to filter down to 10microns, so it would appear that our system meets the minimum standard for the unit.

What do you guys think? It would be nice to monitor available fuel left in the tank with more reliability than our stock fuel gauge, which seems to read very conservatively once I've used 20 gallons or so.

I prefer to not know how much fuel I am going through. I just want a smile on my face so even filling up makes me happy because anytime you can get on the water is a good time
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

Default E-mail response

I emailed Faria yesterday with this message: I have a Indmar multi-port fuel injected engine that I would like to install your fuel manager gauge on. How does this gauge track the fuel going back to the tank in the return line? Can the transducer be installed in the high pressure side of the fuel pump in other words right before the injector rails? Looking forward to your response. Casey

I got this today
    Fuel manager currently unavailable and not suitable for systems with a tank return at all.

It would be kind of nice to have just for a shock factor. I noticed on their page thay say "For use in Gas Engines Only. Do Not use with fuels containing Ethanol"

Guess that leaves out installing this in Oregon.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill