Thread: Windscreen

Default Windscreen

Does anyone know where I can get a new windscreen for my 1992 Boomerang? Also, I have noticed that the newer boomerangs had a different type of windscreen, one with a frame. Will the newer type bolt on to my boat, or do I have to get the original, plexiglass windscreen? ANy help would be great, thanks.

Kyle

Default Oh...a picture

Here is a picture of my boat...

Default Replying to Topic 'Windscreen'

Nice looking boat. The windshield with the frame would be better for a clamp on mirror. I replaced the original mirror with a Cipa Comp dash mount. It was a little low so I raised it up about 1 1/2 " with some homemade spacer blocks. It would be interesting to find out if you can still get the windshield with the frame. Below is a picture of my Boomerang

The Rig!

Great boat!!! My boat has a dash mounted mirror already, I hate those clamp-mirrors!!! I found out that the only windscreen you can get is the one with the frame. The guy at SkiersChoice was very helpful. It should bolt-on with very few modifications (ie. holes drilled) according to him.

Ok, so a new windscreen will cost about $700 after shipping, anyone know of another option? Anyone have a spare (wishful thinking)...

Yea, mine came with a dash mounted mirror but I wanted something bigger like in my buddy's Mastercraft. It gives the driver a much better view. Personally, I'd rather have the windshield with the frame. It just depends on how much it's worth to you. Are you replacing it because it's damaged?

Dash1
    Dash2