Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

This reminded me of something that came up at the Sinclair Jam. Look for the poll in the wakesurfing forum. This should be interesting.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Here is the result with the 2 Fat Sac 750lbs. They fit perfectly!!

Thanks for all the help!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2007 Outback DD

Hey klipper,
    can you get a shot of where the rubrail is in relation to the waterline?
    I have tried surfing (once) behind my DD and have yet to have the time to really play with the sacs and weight. Plan on it before the summer is out though. Seemed like the pocket was extremely close to the boat.

I have a 700lb in rear, 400lb on side, stock 370lber to put in the walkway (possibly) and all the peeps in the boat.

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

This is the best pic i have for waterline.... Not sure if it helps.
    2007 Outback DD

Lose the gloves dude. This isn't slalom skiing......
    2011 President's Trophy - Check
    2011 Western Confernece Champs - Check
    2011 Stanley Cup Champs - Not so Much....

2007 Outback V

This is why I had the gloves on dude....... rope is hard on the hands.
    2007 Outback DD

Didn't realize you were using a ski rope and handle which is waaay dangerous! You really need to get a proper rope. Especially if you're going to tow with your kids. Even at 10mph if you fall into that handle or worse if your kid gets caught up in it.

Here is a rope I bought from Overtons:

Much easier on the hands and no way to get caught up in it. And here I thought you were trying to make a fashion statement!
    Last edited by Canuckle Head; 08-09-2010 at 07:20 PM.
    2011 President's Trophy - Check
    2011 Western Confernece Champs - Check
    2011 Stanley Cup Champs - Not so Much....

2007 Outback V

Surfed two days ago behind a DD. Malibu Response LX. 3 adults + 2 teens onboard. No ballast, but it had the huge advantage of having the Power Wedge, which claims something like 1200 lbs of downforce. I could just barely go ropeless. but who needs to? We swung wide and slashed at the wake, taking air; cut back and forth like skiing to (try to) take air (with numerous wipe-outs). Had a good time and actually more variety than I do with my Outback V. Just suggesting that if you bought a ski boat, you'll never get that feeling of freedom surfing hands free 10 feet back like some do with their 23' boats and a cement mixer equivalent of ballast.

We also spoke to another family whose teen is a competitive skier, so they bought an Outback DD two months ago. They were surfing with factory ballast and smiles were everywhere. They had 7 people onboard and everyone had a place to sit comfortably.

The punch line: Could SC (and I missed that enhancement wish-list thread awhile back) figure out a method of non-intrusive downforce, like the Malibu Power Wedge or Centurion Switch Blade? For DD and V. Makes a huge difference, and for the DD's means people can be seated. Ya, ya, patent infringement. Get on with it or risk losing market share.
    '07 Outback V
    Ski|Board|Surf|Skate

Default two 750's for outback.

Klipper, does that 750lb bag fit below your seat when it is in the upright position. How long does it take to fill each bag. (what kind of pump do you have)

thanks

Sled491 Guest

We have run as much as 1800lbs in our Outback DD. I doubt anything you will ever do will lenghten the pocket on an Outback, but we can all surf without the rope from my 7 yr old daughter who needs no ballast to me who needs it all