Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thanks for the advise Ed,

I just want to make sure that I'm gettting the correct bags for my boat. The W707's run about $250 each up here in Canada and I want to make sure I'm doing the right thig before dropping $500 on bags.

I've never done this before, it's all new to me.
    2007 Outback DD

I don't know of anyone who tried to squeeze a 750 in there. YOu don't want it to push the clamshell over and bend up your hinges. Keep an eye on it. You may not be able to fill it all the way. On the other hand, it should lean away from the engine and toward the side of the boat. Let us know how it works.

Edit: Also, don't ever be afraid of getting "stuck" with a 750. You can always sell it to a v-drive guy looking to upgrade.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Cool

As Ed mentioned above about using garbage cans,last season i was useing Huge tupperware containers and made it work. How well is question able but just the same it got us started and now i'm trying new things and already want a bigger sac to compliment the 2 540's i have.
    All of this is done putting the seat up in the sundeck location.
    07 Outback DD

Just saw this, don't know if it is what you are looking for but someone posted two fly high pro x series 750lbs for $250 on wakeworld classifieds.
    http://www.wakeworld.com/classifield...g.php?view=882

I bought a 705 (rear seat sac 650lbs) and a 713 (v-drive sac 400lbs). I use the rear seat sac under the seat in the sun deck position and throw the v-drive sac next to the motor on the surf side. I then use the factory 370lber that was under the rear seat to throw up in front of the motor in the bow walkway.

Only been out once this year (that's another story ) but seems to work. Just need to fine tune the wake. I'm new to all of it too!

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Sled491 Guest

Last weekend we ran a 600 across the back and a 540 lounge down the side. If I went up front it made the wake clean up real nice. I have a 07 Outback. My wife and kids all had great rides and the wall was as tall as I think your gonna get in an Outback.

I was about to try for myself the same 600 across the back and an 800 hun down the side. I surf goofy so I was going to wait, never got to go back out as the DNR shut our lake down due to high water levels.

I think a few hundred pounds up front will make a big difference also.

Default Sled

Did you manage to snap any pics...I would like to see what you produced..How close was the water to your gas cap or rub rail...

Sled491 Guest

Never taken anything from the water side looking in. I will tell you that some have claimed to darn near have there rub rail at the water line. I know for a fact that mine has neverbeen anywhere close to that.

I will try to get some video posted asap. When my son is running the wall looks to be about 3 ft tall. Our problem is the pocket or sweet spot is very short.

Most of the guys are right on. Trust Ed, he knows what he is talking about. I run the 750# sac beside my engine cover to surf and it is not a big deal. It does push on the cover a bit, but no harm done yet, and my cover goes all the way down to the floor. The newer ones have a rigid base that goes up 8 inches or so. I also put about 800# more in the rear, and the wake is really nice. As Ed said, the rubrail will be down on the water almost. Just be careful turning, the boat has the response of a battleship loaded like that.

Quote Originally Posted by NCSUmoomba View Post
    Just be careful turning, the boat has the response of a battleship loaded like that.
    I couldn't agree more, it's like turning an iceberg. Careful slowing down quick or you'll be bailing as well. Sometimes turning towards the wave, I'll have water running over the rear corner of the boat and the trick is to know how far you can go before it comes in.