Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Your 600 lbs across the back is countering your 800 lbs side weight. You should try to put the 600 on a 45 degree angle from the back seat onto the 800 side sack. Also if you do not have a wake plate you need weight up front. DD's are tricky to weight properly cuase you have substancial centre weight from the motor. You want your boat to list big time!!!!

One major difference. Looks like there's a cooler full of "barley ballast) sitting on the port side as well

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

I think that thing was pretty empty by that time of the day.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Gee, you hit the guy up for one beer then he complains when he and his wife take your last 6!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Sled491 Guest

Well, I will have to play some more this weekend. For my wife and kids the wake is very good and they can surf to there ability all day. For me everyonce and a while I have to reach down and yank the rope and get back into the pocket. Keep in mind that even with all those kids jumping around they only come to the weight of 1 adult.

Not sure how I could put the 600 at a 45 as the bag just fits back there to begin with. I'm definately going to add weight up front though. Last weekend with everyone hanging out back the bow was way up in the air.

Ed yes you got some kind of list going there. It is hard to believe that I'm using your old system and not getting near that angle?

We continue to play with the weight in our older OB DD. This past Saturday evening, we had our best wave of the summer. We had 800 across the back, 650 along the surf side, 300 on the seat in front on the surf side, two kids sitting on the surf side (another 250-300 depending on the combo), my wife ~ 140 in the observers seat and my 250 standing in the middle once at speed ~ 9.5 mph. With my 90 lb daughter back there, she had about 15' in surf-able length and a four foot wave. My son at 160 had the same height, but less length as did his 170 lb buddy. Still plenty of surf room. My 250 brings the sweet spot down to a very small area just behind the swim deck. I don't try to toss the rope anymore as every couple minutes I lose the wave so I just pull myself back. Either I need to get better or lose 50 lbs as Bensonwdby did. We're having a blast none the less and the kids rarely want to do anything other than surf. At least they are starting to take responsibility for bags, pumps, fly-high pole, boards, etc.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sled491 Guest

God looking wave. This weekend I ran a 540 right from the very back up along the motor. I then tucked the 800 tight to it along the back. I then half filled my 600 and stuck it on top of the 540. Man let me tell you, don't turn quick to the port side with that set up

My crew is a handful of light weight kids and my wife and sister in law who don't add up to many of the bigger guys on the boards here

Wave was awsum, with the best length we've seen yet. I would say the height was a respectible 24"+. My wife was able to ride all the way throught the shallow spot we have that usually flattens the wave enough to end your ride.

Speed 10 mph for wife and kids, 10.3 for me

Waynes, those kids look better and better. Can tell you guys have been doing a lot of surfing. Good for you!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Talking

Glad I came across this thread.. Just purchased my first moomba!! Picked up a 2005 outback dd (140hrs) in almost brand new shape this week. Turn 30 next Saturday and hope to be freezing my butt off in lake hartwell trying out the new boat. Talked to wakemakers.com yesterday and they suggested 2 750lbs Fly Highs and a tsunami pump. They had 2 sacs on the blem/sale list so it saved me 60 bucks... Hope this setup works and I'll post some pics after I go out.

I'm looking to start surfing as well. My LS has the 400# under the seat and a 370# in the ski locker. I'm trying to decide between the twin 400# or twin 750# package from wakemakers. The reason I'm questioning the 750# is the size. We generally have between 4 and 8 people in the boat when we go. On the days we have 4 the twin 750's won't be that much of a problem but on those days when we have 8 those 750's would take up a ton of room.

So with the twin 400's I would put 400 along the motor box....fill the 400 under the seat...and then lay the other 400 at a 45 degree angle on top of the seat and the other 400 along the surf side. That should be decent size right? Or should I just "go big or go home" with the 750's?
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...