Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Went out last night. Here's a picture of my ballast (poor man's plumbed in set-up I'll post in a separate thread). I have a 700lb in back and 400lb along the side. Another 220lbs in people.

2nd time surfing and i can get slack in the rope but cannot for the life of me free ride? I tend to get really close to the back of the boat and when I back off i slowly fall out of the pocket. I'm thinking I need more weight up front to lengthen it? Wouldn't hurt to get another 500 or so lbs of peeps or ballast on the port side either?

Pointers?
    Attached Images Attached Images

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Last weekend we surfed with:
    stock front locker full
    stock rear left tank full
    550# in left side of ski locker
    750# surside beside the motor
    550# between front locker and the surfside 750
    4 people in the boat

I must admit, too many bags but damn was it fun! Yet I still cant ride out the 360...

I'll try to get some pics of the wake next time out
    2007 Mobius LS

Sled491 Guest

Viking with the Outback don't ecpect a long pocket. I find my self almost always right at the platform. Also I find it helps the push to always have a dlight turn into the rider going. My kids don't need it but I do. Careful too much turn will push you right into the platform

Quote Originally Posted by Sled491 View Post
    Viking with the Outback don't ecpect a long pocket. I find my self almost always right at the platform. Also I find it helps the push to always have a dlight turn into the rider going. My kids don't need it but I do. Careful too much turn will push you right into the platform
    Thanks Sled! I had a first time driver too so that didn't help. I told him to turn slightly but that could have been the problem as I think he did it too much and I was constantly trying to ensure I didn't hit the platform. I think a little more weight on port side and up front and a good driver and I'll get it

2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Sled491 Guest

Ya the driver makes all the difference. Even worse than a newbie driver is one that thinks they know what there doing. My wife has been just killing me on the surf board. Kind of turns a fun time into a real bummer. I end up just switching everything for the regular footed riders and driving for them all day. Not worth the stress, especially when a day on the lake is supposed to be fun for everyone.

We surfed at least 3 times a week this summer. I had plenty of people to use as ballast and we constantly had them switching sides for the riders. One OPPPPPPS that I had was having too many people on the right side that the gas cap was under water. Luckily no water in the gas but the boat did stall out. So be careful and watch the gas cap for the riders that use that side. Other than that my 04 Outback has a great wake for surfing when the weight is settled right. Also the driver makes the difference

Default Hey Viking re:Plumbing

Can you take some pics of how you have those bags plumbed..I have the excact set up as you in an 07 outback...I get the onboard ballast to fill my 400lber but use a tsunami pump to fill the 750...Which way is it that you have set up...With this weight plus 3 adults and 3 kids in the boat i can free ride...I am using a CWB ride which I believe is a great board for a DD set up..I also have a 220lber friend and 100 lb of kids on the corner and two moms about 240 lbs of weight up front...

Sled491 Guest

I took some pics this sunday of my Outback with my ballast set up. I took a few from the water so you get the idea. We all had great rides, but for me it still could use a bit more push and I don't care what you say that darn pocket is short.

I'll post the pics a little later on.

Quote Originally Posted by psycho-heico View Post
    Can you take some pics of how you have those bags plumbed..I have the excact set up as you in an 07 outback......
    I will. Been slammed at work so not been out much. I've taken a few and going out this weekend so I'll snap some more. When I finally get some time I'll get them posted. Essentially what I did was put a T under the rear ski locker and plumb 2 fill lines (one for the rear sack and one for the side sack). I upgraded my rear to the "rear seat sac" and have it in all the time. I then can lay a 400lb sack down the side and plug in the quick fitting and fill the 2nd sack off the same factory pump. I have 2 valves in the ski locker to close or open each line. Works pretty slick for a "poor man's system" I have my stock 300lb bag that came with the factory system and going to use it in front of the doghouse when not enough people weight. I'll just fill that with my tsunami. I have the CWB Ride too.

2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Sled491 Guest

Those bags are full full full. Not sure what else to do, thats like I said 800 across the back and 540 down the side. Keep in mind my crew are very light.

Like I said before I tried the 800 down the side tight to the back and the 600 across the back tight to the 800, that seemed to work a bit better.