Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thanks for all the tips.

So if I get 2 Fat Sacs W V707's (750lbs) and put one where the seat goes and one of the surf side of the engine, I will have a nice big wake!

Will that work well? Or are there any other recommendations?

Thanks.
    2007 Outback DD

Ed, you seem to be the expert on this subject.

What bags are you using in your boat?
    2007 Outback DD

I'm worried that the 707 will not fit very well on the surf side of the boat beside the engine cover. Have you had any experience with that set up?
    Last edited by Klipper; 07-13-2010 at 07:11 PM.
    2007 Outback DD

Fly High Pro X Series Fat Sac™ - W707
    2007 Outback DD

Quote Originally Posted by psycho-heico View Post
    Sorry I mean Kaneboats...Where was your bag placemant and the weight of the bags...Great wake for a DD....
    I used to have 3 crappy 400's. One was in the trunk- this was the 2000 O/B LS so it had the gas tank under the seat and a huge storage area behind the seat. One was behind the engine cover in front of the seat-- on the floor. The third one ran along the port side next to the engine cover on the floor. No wakeplate on that boat either.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Default Hey kane...

I read your set up...Just got my UPS package with my new sac and Tsunami pump today...So it will be the 750 along the back with my sun deck up...Then the 400lb stock bag (that came with boat) along the doghouse...Did you have any weight up front?? or does the fact that our DD motor location create enough weight towards the bow...This is my first summer with the boat (bought it in late Sept) so all the advice you guys have is awesome...Needless to say just learning to surf and doing it on CWB ride..Will get a new board next year...Thanks...Heico

Quote Originally Posted by psycho-heico View Post
    I read your set up...Just got my UPS package with my new sac and Tsunami pump today...So it will be the 750 along the back with my sun deck up...Then the 400lb stock bag (that came with boat) along the doghouse...Did you have any weight up front?? or does the fact that our DD motor location create enough weight towards the bow...This is my first summer with the boat (bought it in late Sept) so all the advice you guys have is awesome...Needless to say just learning to surf and doing it on CWB ride..Will get a new board next year...Thanks...Heico
    I think you'll find that you'll want more weight on the surf side. The weight on the side seems to give the wave more height. You might me able to accomplish it with people on the side or the doghouse. On my boat, you can watch the wave change as you move weight. Experimentation pays off. Have fun.

Agree. To the extent the bag is shorter than the width of the boat, pull it over to the surf side before filling. Then make a T with the lenghtwise bag extending along the floor by the doghouse. Post your results so we can all share your joy!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Has anybody tried puting the Fly High W707 (750lbs) on the surfside beside the engine?
    2007 Outback DD

Default Thanks

Great advice guys i will try and post pics in a week or so...Thanks again...