Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Will I notice a difference from a OJ 14.25x14 vs. Acme 14.5x14.25?

Will I feel and see a big difference between these two props and if so, what would the differences be? I have to OJ, since that is the stock prop my boat came with and I have heard a lot of good things about the Acme and want to hear what you guys think.
    ________
    VAPIR OXYGEN VAPORIZER
    Last edited by jetpilot2002; 03-06-2011 at 02:49 AM.

Dont think you see or feel a big difference, just so very minor to where its not worth it. Now, I do think you will hear a big difference if your boat is a 06-10 LSV.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Well let me re-phrase the question, I currently have the OJ 14.25x14 on my boat and just bought a acme 14.5x14.25 as a back up prop and I was wondering if I should run the acme and have the OJ as the back up prop. I want to run the better of the two props.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV

The Acme 1235 is the prop that most people use that run alot of ballast. My friend has it on his SANTE and it is slightly louder as I've heard the same for the Moombas. It reportedly does have less vibration that the OJ. It will get you alot more torque. There was a member on here that I PM'd that said he kept about the same top speed. However, when a couple members on here did a prop test some months back, they used an Outback V, LSV, and an XLV. They did test the Acme 1235 on the XLV but their results have me puzzled. They posted that the top speed was 48mph which seems way too high for a prop that is designed to have more torque. Also, my buddy with SANTE said his fuel economy went down some. I would call Acme, those guys have great customer service or call Nettles Props in Austin, they are by far the most popular prop shop on these forums and will answer any questions on the phone.

Throw it on there and find out for yourself. It may be a personal thing. I happen to like my prop better than a lot of others do for my own reasons (13.75 x 17).
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I don't think that anyone is going to notice the minute differences between those 2 props. they are so closely matched that the performance differences would be minimal. not to start a debate again tho, try the acme and the oj both and see which one offers less noise and vibration and I'll bet you find which one will be the regular and which one will be the spare..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I would also say just swap them out, it's an easy job with the prop puller. Then let me know because I have the same boat. Even with 3000lbs of surf ballast and 4 people in the boat the OJ does not struggle on my XLV.
    Last edited by you da man; 07-13-2010 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by you da man View Post
    However, when a couple members on here did a prop test some months back, they used an Outback V, LSV, and an XLV. They did test the Acme 1235 on the XLV but their results have me puzzled. They posted that the top speed was 48mph which seems way too high for a prop that is designed to have more torque.
    It had me confused also, more torque and also a higher top speed? I need to get some time put aside so I can try both of the props, I guess with the acme being .25 bigger in diameter and also .25 in pitch that it would a different performing prop then the OJ.
    ________
    BMW CONCEPT X6 ACTIVEHYBRID
    Last edited by jetpilot2002; 03-06-2011 at 02:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jetpilot2002 View Post
    It had me confused also, more torque and also a higher top speed? I need to get some time put aside so I can try both of the props, I guess with the acme being .25 bigger in diameter and also .25 in pitch that it would a different performing prop then the OJ.
    Nettles Props is only an hour from me and when I stopped by they said they are similar performing props and that you can tell the difference. The owner of the XLV they used in the prop test said in his PM that the Acme pulled better with ballast and gained top speed. Fuel economy would be my concern since I do alot of surfing
    Last edited by you da man; 07-13-2010 at 12:08 PM.

Acme 1235 vs. Acme 1433. I live and boat mostly in Utah in high altitude lakes (anywhere from 4000-7000 feet above sea level). Which of these two props will perform better? My dealer says the 1235 is the way to go but it's about $70 more than the 1433. His prices are right on the money with what Nettles is asking.
    2007 LSV - All red
    Wetsounds PRO 80's WS420 Eq
    Acme 1433